PDA

View Full Version : trophys outdoors

juma
03-01-2011, 08:57
I ordered a steripen opti from these guys. They sent me handcuff holster instead and then claimed to be out of stock on the steripen. Probably never had them. Advertised price looked good but this kind of service stinks. Order elsewhere is my advice.

IceAge
03-01-2011, 10:56
Sorry, but that made me laugh. I guess its good they sent you something? What are you going to use the handcuff holster for?

juma
03-01-2011, 17:20
Sorry, but that made me laugh. I guess its good they sent you something? What are you going to use the handcuff holster for?

I told them to send me postage and I will send it back. otherwise, some of the characters on here come to mind when I think of handcuffs

Llama Legs
03-01-2011, 17:30
I borrowed a Steri-Pen twice and never had much luck. Not worth the weight IMHO.

unclemjm
03-01-2011, 17:56
Too bad to hear of your experience.

I've had exceptional service from them in the past. Bought a couple of knives and realized I needed one more $4.00 item to clip the sheath to my pack and they sent it to me at no charge.

One misshipped item doesn't mean a place has lousy service. I wish I only goofed once. But how they handle it after is the difference to me.

d.o.c
03-01-2011, 18:07
so are they not goin to send you your steripen?

juma
03-11-2011, 16:53
yeah, I haven't heard BF from them yet!

10-K
03-11-2011, 17:05
Order a handcuff holster and see if they send you a Steripen.....

juma
03-14-2011, 07:09
Too bad to hear of your experience.

I've had exceptional service from them in the past. Bought a couple of knives and realized I needed one more $4.00 item to clip the sheath to my pack and they sent it to me at no charge.

One misshipped item doesn't mean a place has lousy service. I wish I only goofed once. But how they handle it after is the difference to me.

They did respond to my first email saying they were gonna fix it asap. However, nothing since then (over a week ago) nor have they returned my $62. plus, doesn't seem to be a way to leave feedback on their site. They just cherrypick comments and publish the good news. Its how they handle it after that makes the diff to me. Clowns. Should go work in a factory.

juma
03-15-2011, 07:05
got an email saying they were returning my money - end of story. YMMV.

IceAge
03-15-2011, 09:37
Order a handcuff holster and see if they send you a Steripen.....

Brilliant!

This is the funniest thread on WB, I find it unendingly hilarious that there is even a place that sells both Steri-pens AND handcuff holsters. One wouldn't think the two demographics would intersect.

Montana Mac
03-15-2011, 10:20
Handcuff case $........ $ Steri Pen
......................\..... /
.......................\.. /
........................\ /
..............................$

wornoutboots
03-15-2011, 10:40
Why would they even sell handcuff holsters :eek:

Hooch
03-15-2011, 10:48
A perfect example of why I only buy online from reputable, well known retailers. You get what you pay for and if it seems to good to be true, it probable is.

juma
03-16-2011, 16:39
got an email saying they were returning my money - end of story. YMMV.

bogus email I guess - no money returned as of today.

Lot of interest in handcuffs on WB and I know why - the time just hasn't been right for those to hit the scene and take off, but, its coming....

if they don't ever send me a prepaid postage slip, I plan to sell the handcuff holster as lightweight gear. should make some quick easy bucks on WB.

juma
03-17-2011, 09:11
money returned, finally. still got handcuff case:)

wornoutboots
03-22-2011, 11:06
money returned, finally. still got handcuff case:)

I'm think a good use for this may be a bagel carrier :)

juma
03-23-2011, 16:00
I'm think a good use for this may be a bagel carrier :)

I'll wait a month and put it up on "selling used gear" :)