PDA

View Full Version : Davenport Gap Parking

hikingshoes
03-01-2011, 13:20
Planning my 2nd section hike from Max Patch to Davenport Gap..I was wondering how safe it is to leave my truck at Davenport Gap trailhead?I called standing bear for a shuttle to Max Patch got it setup.Just wanted alittle input on my plan.Thanks,HS

hiker33
03-01-2011, 15:09
Park at Big Creek ranger station. You'll have an extra 3/4 mile the last day but it's downhill. Better than finding your car with no radio or windows (or just missing). I've never had a problem at Big Creek.

bulldog49
03-01-2011, 15:23
Park at Big Creek ranger station. You'll have an extra 3/4 mile the last day but it's downhill. Better than finding your car with no radio or windows (or just missing). I've never had a problem at Big Creek.

Not safe to park at Davenport Gap, either park at the Big Creek Ranger Station as hiker33 said, or at nearby Standing Bear Hostel.

hikingshoes
03-01-2011, 15:33
Not safe to park at Davenport Gap, either park at the Big Creek Ranger Station as hiker33 said, or at nearby Standing Bear Hostel.
Thanks for the info guys.Standing bear is doing the shuttle for use,so that would work at great parking at standing bear.HS