PDA

View Full Version : Dana Design Lg. Pack Cover?

SargeAT
01-09-2005, 16:16
Is the dana design pack cover to be used only with the dana design backpacks? I was sold one rather quickly, the salesperson recommending it highly. So far it has not fit my pack perfectly, probably more to do with it not being filled to capacity......Still, I have a Lowe Alpine Contour IV and using the packcover has not been easy.

steve hiker
01-09-2005, 20:29
So far it has not fit my pack perfectly, probably more to do with it not being filled to capacity......Still, I have a Lowe Alpine Contour IV and using the packcover has not been easy.
I"ve only tried one prefab "pack cover" and it was a rip. Didn't stay on the pack. Now I use a large plastic trash compactor bag with two slits for the shoulder straps (reinforced with duck tape), and it works fine. Or you can line your pack with the plastic trash bag, which will also keep your gear dry.

Kerosene
01-10-2005, 09:03
The Dana Design pack cover is way too heavy. I suggest that you return it and purchase a sil-nylon pack cover (4 oz) that fits your pack or go with the do-it-yourself trash compactor setup.

BlackCloud
01-11-2005, 12:08
Yea, it does seem a little heavy, but by only an ounce or two. It is extremely well built, & keeps every drop of downpouring water off my Dana pack as well as my Kelty Tioga external frame pack.

If it fits, KEEP IT; if not DUMP IT....:cool: