PDA

View Full Version : POE Elite pad

Bags4266
03-04-2011, 20:45
http://pacoutdoor.com/sleeping-pads/view/peak-elite-ac

Does anyone own one of these yet? Looking for feedback.

Limeman
08-15-2011, 22:49
Excellent pad. I got rid of my NeoAir after trying this out. Only 10.6 oz in the Regular 72" length. Cost 2/3 less than a NeoAir R. Seems warmer too. Comes with patch kit and storage sack. The narrow mummy shape had me a bit concerned at first, but with the larger outside tubes and raised area around the calve/ankle area to keep you centered and your feet on the pad, it has proved supremely comfortable for me. Only complaint is the surface is not quite as grippy as a NeoAir (although still good enough to keep from sliding) and the aluminum valve must be closed really tightly to prevent leakage.

leaftye
08-16-2011, 00:44
My regular length weighs 10 3/4 ounces. My pad doesn't seem that slippery, although I found that I couldn't keep the bottom end of the pad propped up on my pack all night, probably because I flop around too much while I sleep. I've also had no need to tightly close the valve and it held air for around a 5 day stretch on my last trip. I have to inflate it pretty full to keep my hip from touching the ground, but keep in mind that I was propping my feet up with my pack, I'm a side sleeper and I weighed over 200 pounds. All in all, I really like this pad and hope to continue using it frequently for a very long time.