PDA

View Full Version : When can I eat at the Cafeteria at the Flume?

Yamagame
03-05-2011, 01:37
Noticed that the handbook mentions there's a cafeteria at the Flume Visitor Center, but haven't been able to google hours/prices etc. and haven't seen anything on WB about it.

Anyone eat theres? Does anyone know the hours and costs of the cafeteria?

Thanks!

Old Hillwalker
03-05-2011, 09:05
Do you mean the one in Franconia Notch, NH?

peakbagger
03-05-2011, 11:29
I havent eaten there but I would anticipate that its the same menu as on Cannon Mtn and Mt Washington as it is run by the same agency. The other locations offer typical snack food, pizza, possibly soup hot dogs, hamburgers, soft serve ice cream, snacks and drinks.

The visitor center is south of the AT on the bike path that is crossed just after going under the Franconia Parkway bridge. The North Lincoln commercial strip starts about 1 mile south donw RT 3 (not the parkway)extending about 4 miles to the Kancamagus highway where all sorts of restaurant options are availlable. I expect its not a bad hitch. The down side to Lincoln is there are no major supermarkets that I know of.

Yamagame
03-05-2011, 15:04
Hmm...I sure hope it doesn't have mile-high prices like Mt. Washington...

Blissful
03-05-2011, 16:32
I'd skip it and go into Lincoln. You can stay at Chets and walk into town

The Snowman
03-05-2011, 17:25
its open about the same hours as the vistor center they do a small breakfas menue and a full lunch menue very good ice cream, hot dogs, salads and most days a hot lunch l like chicken pot pie or baked beans. some years there has been good craft brewed beer on tap.

mikec
03-05-2011, 17:47
The food there is OK, the ice cream is fantastic! I wrapped up a section hike there. It is a good place to call the Shuttle Connection to take you to Chets in Lincoln.

Migrating Bird
03-05-2011, 19:59
I'd skip it and go into Lincoln. You can stay at Chets and walk into town

Stay at Chet's great hospitality and don't walk to town, ride one of his bikes as I did last year, complete with milk crate basket.

jod
04-15-2011, 19:04
The Flume won't open until Memorial Day weekend.

There is a large supermarket/ grocery store in Lincoln, Price Chopper. Almost everything in Lincoln is walking distance to Chets. Lincoln is a big town area wise. The end up near the Flume in Franconia Notch is a looong walk to Chet's. I'd guess 5 miles. Take the Shuttle Connection, a van service, to Chet's drop the bag, wash up, then meander around town.

Drop by the Mountain Wanderer and check out some hiking books.

The local number for the Shuttle Connection is 603-745-3140.