PDA

View Full Version : Mammut 150 Mountain Guide/Gear Contest

Johnny Thunder
03-06-2011, 22:14
Ok. So, a little while ago I entered into a contest with my friends Chad and Hayley. The eventual goal is to win one of 150 guided summiting expeditions sponsored by Mammut (a gear manufacturer in Germany). It seems like a sweet deal...we'll get a paid-for guide and a bunch of free gear.

Basically, the selection process is based on two criteria. First there's the popularity contest...we need to get people to go on to their website and "support" our "mountain" (expedition team). If we make the cut then we'll be entered into the personality contest...we'll file an official application telling them how cool we are.

All I need is for you to follow the following instructions and sign up using your email or facebook info. So far no one has received spam message from the site. Any help you can give us would be awesome ! (please pass this one and be patient with the site since it is a little difficult).

1) click the link and WAIT
2) close the first small popup on the screen
3) click 'support this mountain'
4) Create account; name, email, picture, message
5) go to your email and click the link to VERIFY
OR
1) give me your email and I will sign you up
2) go to your email and click the link to VERIFY

http://basecamp.mammut.ch/en/150-years/the-peak-project/#mountain=1233

You should all consider joining if the project interests you. My understanding is that the first 300 teams make the cut to the application phase...not sure exactly but that's what it seems like.

Johnny T