PDA

View Full Version : hahaha! Golite clearance sale

10-K
03-08-2011, 13:38
I suppose my new career could be as a shill for Golite but I just got an email from them about their Winter clearance - 40-70%.

What jumped out at me were the pack prices.. Jam on sale for $50 (reg. $125) and the Pinnacle for $60 (reg. $150).

http://www.golite.com/clearance.aspx?utm_source=Fishbowl&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=Go_Button%2B&utm_campaign=S11_Clearance

YoungMoose
03-08-2011, 13:44
cant wait until i get home from school going to get myself a pinnacle

Panzer1
03-08-2011, 13:47
too bad the sleeping bags aren't on sale. I could use a good zero bag if the price was right. :(

Panzer

skinewmexico
03-08-2011, 13:54
You can save a lot of weight by getting a 2008 over a 2009. Creeping featuritis took over.

JaxHiker
03-08-2011, 16:57
Wish I'd waited on getting a poncho tarp. :(

hobbs
03-08-2011, 17:16
I suppose my new career could be as a shill for Golite but I just got an email from them about their Winter clearance - 40-70%.

What jumped out at me were the pack prices.. Jam on sale for $50 (reg. $125) and the Pinnacle for $60 (reg. $150).

http://www.golite.com/clearance.aspx?utm_source=Fishbowl&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=Go_Button%2B&utm_campaign=S11_Clearance
!0-K do you know max weight load for the 2009 Pinnacle they have listed? be great to add.. I have alot of MH products i must be their rep.LOL:D

Chubbs4U
03-08-2011, 17:19
Some really good deals on single person shelters. Cant decide...When is this over?
Didnt they also have a thing going around for 40% off?

Pete Moss
03-08-2011, 17:21
10-K, The mods have said they are closing you account due to commercial advertising and spam for Go Lite;)!

I was going to order some stuff the other day while the 40% off coupon still worked fro the clearance stuff, but they caught the glitch before I could place the order. Hence, I held out.

Still some great deals!

Sierra Echo
03-08-2011, 17:22
are golite tents good quality?

Pete Moss
03-08-2011, 17:25
are golite tents good quality?

There's better , there's worse IMHO. For those prices on the Shangri la's, it a pretty nice deal. Taptents are lighter and only about $40 more though by the time you get the nest and tarp.

Sierra Echo
03-08-2011, 17:27
There's better , there's worse IMHO. For those prices on the Shangri la's, it a pretty nice deal. Taptents are lighter and only about $40 more though by the time you get the nest and tarp.

I'm still on the fence about Tarptents. People either really love them or really hate them. I think I'm just gonna get the MSR Hubba when I get my REI dividends this weekend.

Pete Moss
03-08-2011, 17:31
I'm still on the fence about Tarptents. People either really love them or really hate them. I think I'm just gonna get the MSR Hubba when I get my REI dividends this weekend.

Reliable Choice alot of people love them

10-K
03-08-2011, 17:33

Very popular tent - probably can't go wrong with it. I think I've seen more Hubbas than any other single tent on the AT.

Ladytrekker
03-08-2011, 17:33

I got a daypack Golite Rush for my upcoming adventure race and it is normally 70 and I got it for 40. Very happy.

hobbs
03-08-2011, 17:36
i have 2 tarptents.Like them both and MH for winter.But the Hubba is also just as good or better at times.IMO;)

The Cleaner
03-08-2011, 20:25
I just ordered a Pinnacle pack.:D...if I don't like it,paying return shipping is less $$ than a 60 mile round trip to nearest gear shop.:cool:

The Cleaner
03-08-2011, 20:32
Very popular tent - probably can't go wrong with it. I think I've seen more Hubbas than any other single tent on the AT.
I've got a Hubba.Probably best bang for your bucks.This tent may be too heavy for some. I've been in a downpour&stayed dry and think this tent will give many years use...:sun

Skidsteer
03-08-2011, 21:05

Bet you ten dollars you like the Hubba.

I'll bet you another ten dollars that if you keep hiking you'll buy a single wall shelter(like a tarptent)in the next two years.

Roots
03-08-2011, 21:09

I'll bet you another ten dollars that if you keep hiking you'll buy a single wall shelter(like a tarptent)in the next two years.

Yep...exactly! Been that route! Had a Hubba for yrs and sold it to help buy the Lightheart duo single wall. We still have the Hubba Hubba. :)

10-K
03-08-2011, 21:38

I wasn't going to say anything. :)

Sierra Echo
03-08-2011, 21:39
I've got a Hubba.Probably best bang for your bucks.This tent may be too heavy for some. I've been in a downpour&stayed dry and think this tent will give many years use...:sun

Its only 2 lbs. 13 oz!!!

Sierra Echo
03-08-2011, 21:40

Why would I stop hiking?
And I dont want a tarptent! If I did want one, I would buy it!

Skidsteer
03-08-2011, 21:43
Why would I stop hiking?
And I dont want a tarptent! If I did want one, I would buy it!

I think you missed my point. :sun

I wasn't going to say anything. :)

Yeah, I gotta big mouth. :)

Sierra Echo
03-08-2011, 21:50
I miss a lot of points in life! One person has annoyed me so much over tarptents that I will never get one due to that fact!

10-K
03-08-2011, 21:51
I miss a lot of points in life! One person has annoyed me so much over tarptents that I will never get one due to that fact!

SE, we call that cutting off our nose to spite our face. :)

Sierra Echo
03-08-2011, 21:53
SE, we call that cutting off our nose to spite our face. :)

Yes, I do a lot of this as well! LOL

Sierra Echo
03-08-2011, 21:59
10-K if I recall correctly, didn't you just have a thread on how you didn't like your tarptent and how it misted when it got wet?

10-K
03-08-2011, 22:08
10-K if I recall correctly, didn't you just have a thread on how you didn't like your tarptent and how it misted when it got wet?

No, I don't think I ever said I didn't like it.

I believe I've went out of my way to separate how I felt about the tent in general and how I was disappointed that I discovered after I bought it that during driving rain there is an issue with misting.

The Tarptent Rainbow is a superb design and now that I've addressed the misting issue it'll be my go-to tent for the foreseeable future.

Joker4ink
03-09-2011, 00:24
Good call on the clearance! I just ordered up a floor for my Shangri-La 2 which is on the way as we speak...err, type. Now only if they had one for my Shangri-La 1...

WaitingInTheWeeds
03-09-2011, 01:11
I'm so glad I saw this post. I was torn between the go-lite jam and the rei flash 50, but this sealed the deal for me. A very lightweight pack for only 50 bucks! Who cares if it is an older model, it's still brand new and perfect for my thru-hike. Too bad I can't try before I buy, but there are literally no good outfitters in this area so I would have had to buy online anyway. Oh well, if I don't like it, I can always return it. :D

moytoy
03-09-2011, 05:43
I was to late to the party! All mens packs are sold out.

The Cleaner
03-09-2011, 10:33
Its only 2 lbs. 13 oz!!!
2lb 13oz = a lot of grams...:rolleyes:

sixguns01
03-09-2011, 10:58

Thanks 10-K. Just grabbed a Jam for $50. Another pack to add to the collection. I have been using a Pinnacle for awhile now and I don't really ever fill it up. I was thinking about trying out the Jam but it was too expensive just to try out. $56 with shipping is just right. If I don't like it, throw it up on a Gear swap forum.

Thanks again for the heads up

skinewmexico
03-09-2011, 11:46

That's kind of funny. Whiteblaze has done the same thing to me about the Hubba. And the Pocket Rocket. And the Neoair. And the Campmor down bag. And.................

wornoutboots
03-09-2011, 12:20
is the mens "Jam" 51 liter big enough for carrying 5 days worth of food & supplies whether it Summer or Winter? I carry an older Red Cloud that is really overkill.

The Cleaner
03-09-2011, 12:34
is the mens "Jam" 51 liter big enough for carrying 5 days worth of food & supplies whether it Summer or Winter? I carry an older Red Cloud that is really overkill.
I'm kinda in the same boat as you,I ordered a Pinnacle.One of my concerns is the backpad or lack of so that if not packed just so,some of your gear may poke you in the back.I'm either gonna like&use it or return it.Some of their other packs,not on sale,look pretty nice though...:)

LaVista
03-09-2011, 12:38
I heard about the 40% off coupon about a week ago and ordered a Shangri La 3 (tarp only) for $160 :sun. Hoping it comes in the mail today or tomorrow actually. It's listed at 25oz which is pretty good for a 2-hiker, 4 season shelter and I can use my trekking poles to setup so I won't need the center poles. I'm probably going to pair it with a Zpacks hexanet (~8oz) for a 2lb all-season ground shelter that I can share with another hiker. And this setup will be half a pound lighter then my HH backpacker & HH hex tarp that I used last season.

paradoxnomad
03-09-2011, 12:38
Just got a jam on the way, the colour and size i wanted, love it.