PDA

View Full Version : Katahdin Sign for sale

rrsmith
03-08-2011, 15:34
I have a Katahdin sign for sale on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330539461047&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

I will also make any sign you want of your favorite trail or hike, just drop me a note and I will quote you a price. ;)

wornoutboots
03-08-2011, 15:53
Love It!! Super Idea!! Like I think I mentioned earlier, you should look into having a booth at Trail Days & other Trail Festivals. IMHO These signs will draw much attention!

Blissful
03-08-2011, 16:13
This is fine and your work is nice, but you have posted your sales pitches several times now and it gets to the point that it becomes spam (imo).
Might be better putting it in the sell forum or ask the moderator.

Speakeasy TN
03-08-2011, 16:27
This is fine and your work is nice, but you have posted your sales pitches several times now and it gets to the point that it becomes spam (imo).

I'd have to agree. The first time is no biggie but after that it looks like the rules don't matter...........

Roland
03-08-2011, 16:32

I'd have to agree. The first time is no biggie but after that it looks like the rules don't matter...........

I refer you both to this thread (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=68518), for an opinion from a Moderator.

IceAge
03-08-2011, 16:37
Quoted from that thread:

Repeated commercial threads are NOT okay...

V Eight
03-08-2011, 19:52
Love It!! Super Idea!! Like I think I mentioned earlier, you should look into having a booth at Trail Days & other Trail Festivals. IMHO These signs will draw much attention!

I completely agree! The Hiker Bash in Franklin is April 1&2. Then I think there is
another hiker “Gathering” at the NOC the next weekend (I think, better do a search:confused:)
I do not know how much it would cost to set up as a vendor, but I can’t believe it would
be much.

From a marketing standing (something I know a little about) These are most definitely
an Impulse Buy type of item. I think you would do very well at any of the trail festivals.

Good luck

TheChop
03-09-2011, 03:24

I think the sign is great and if I'd finished my thru I would buy one. The difference here is I believe someone asked about this type of sign before and now he has them available but what do I know.

rrsmith
03-09-2011, 08:49

Yes but there is a waiting list to sell.

rrsmith
03-09-2011, 08:54
I refer you both to this thread (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=68518), for an opinion from a Moderator.

Okay, since I have so much negative input I will not post anymore. Oh and by the way I sold the sign in one day, now I can put food on the table.

Graywolf
03-09-2011, 09:36
Are you making replicas of the signs or what? just curious. I know what others said, but I just wanted to know..

wornoutboots
03-09-2011, 12:06
Yes but there is a waiting list to sell.

I see vendors there setting up in parking lots so you might see how that works? You could set up on main street next MRO or somewhere? Good Luck

emerald
03-09-2011, 12:09
Okay, since I've had so much negative feedback I will not post anymore.

Consider creating a simple website which could be little more than a few words about yourself, some images of signs you've made and links to your eBay auctions. Considering what others link in their signatures, it may be completely acceptible to moderators, but I'd ask to be sure.

Make yourself useful in other ways by answering questions or starting a thread on an A.T.-related subject not specifically about your signs. A link to your website might be included in your signature. A good topic for a thread might even be "Favorite A.T. signs" to which you could contribute and from which you might even get some new ideas for signs to replicate.

Oftentimes, it's not so much what's posted, but rather how it's posted that's offensive or violates rules.

max patch
03-09-2011, 12:14
Advertising something that is AT related is certainly preferable to a lot of the crap that is spewed on this site.

kanga
03-09-2011, 13:07
Oftentimes, it's not so much what's posted, but rather how it's posted that's offensive or violates rules.
oftentimes, it's whiny people bitching and moaning about things that don't really matter, like if somebody wants to sell a sign. who cares? they don't like it, they need to put their big boy pants on and don't read it.

Gray Blazer
03-09-2011, 13:13
You're cool. Doesn't bother me.

emerald
03-09-2011, 13:27
There was no one complaining in my post and I don't know why anyone who posts or moderates here should care what anyone from another A.T. forum thinks. People who prefer other forums might stay where they feel more comfortable and their posting style is appreciated.

The question raised by the post is really quite simple and it boils down to playing favorites and when someone should be expected to pay for advertising here. Unfortunately, when some attempt to reduce anything, they see nothing but a freedom of speech issue in the bottom of their pot.

kanga
03-09-2011, 14:12
There was no one complaining in my post and I don't know why anyone who posts or moderates here should care what anyone from another A.T. forum thinks. People who prefer other forums might stay where they feel more comfortable and their posting style is appreciated.

The question raised by the post is really quite simple and it boils down to playing favorites and when someone should be expected to pay for advertising here. Unfortunately, when some attempt to reduce anything, they see nothing but a freedom of speech issue in the bottom of their pot.

it's not always about you sog. i wasn't saying anybody was complaining in your post. i was expounding upon what you said.

Alligator
03-09-2011, 14:19
I refer you both to this thread (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=68518), for an opinion from a Moderator.Specifically, post #6 from Marta.

rrsmith
03-09-2011, 15:56
Are you making replicas of the signs or what? just curious. I know what others said, but I just wanted to know..

Yes all copies.

rrsmith
03-09-2011, 15:58
[QUOTE=wornoutboots;1126059]I see vendors there setting up in parking lots so you might see how that works? You could set up on main street next MRO or somewhere? Good Luck[/QUO

The town wouldn't let you.

rrsmith
03-09-2011, 16:05

Thanks for the info. I didn't know the rules. I would delete the thread but don't know how. :confused:

Alligator
03-09-2011, 16:59
Thanks for the info. I didn't know the rules. I would delete the thread but don't know how. :confused:Don't worry about it:).

Since your sign sold, I will simply close the thread.

The Links section is on the main menu bar above and if you have any other questions feel free to PM ATTroll or me.