PDA

View Full Version : What's the name of the little motel on the right as you enter Hot Springs NOBO?

Swiss Roll
03-08-2011, 17:57
thanks very much.

Lone Wolf
03-08-2011, 17:59
Alpine Court motel

Swiss Roll
03-08-2011, 18:03
thanks L.W.

Hikerhead
03-08-2011, 18:04
Alpine Court
50 Bridge St, Hot Springs, NC 28743
(828) 622-3231

Chaco Taco
03-08-2011, 18:29
The bar also has a place to stay

Swiss Roll
03-08-2011, 19:06
I also heard that the Bridge Street Cafe (correct name?) closed. Where else is there to eat besides the Smoky Mtn?

SassyWindsor
03-08-2011, 20:43
Is the Alpine Couirt the one built of cinder block?

The Counselor
03-08-2011, 21:22
Ate at the Rock Bottom Grill in October. Quite good. Sports bar -ish.

RayBan
03-09-2011, 00:29
Ate at the Rock Bottom Grill in October. Quite good. Sports bar -ish.

:clap ...place has a diverse menu...try the buffalo burger...

stranger
03-09-2011, 05:26
Be aware the Alpine Court Motel has limited hot water, I recommend the military style shower, turn off the water while you soap up, etc....

I do however, like this motel

Newb
03-09-2011, 09:16
Also, the Apline court has very thin walls. I felt like a I was having a menage with the couple next door.

Roots
03-09-2011, 09:18
Also, the Apline court has very thin walls. I felt like a I was having a menage with the couple next door.

Ha! Now that's funny!:D

Speakeasy TN
03-09-2011, 09:26

I'm confused, is that a plus or minus?:D

Hooch
03-09-2011, 09:52
I also heard that the Bridge Street Cafe (correct name?) closed. Where else is there to eat besides the Smoky Mtn?Bridge Street Cafe is indeed closed, but now in open in the same location is Rock Bottom. Great food, nice atmosphere, good beer selection, if that's your thing. There's also Iron Horse Cafe in town as well.

Gray Blazer
03-09-2011, 10:24
I guess I'm the only one who eats at the Smoky Mountain Diner. :o

Hooch
03-09-2011, 10:31
I guess I'm the only one who eats at the Smoky Mountain Diner. :oNope, I still eat there when in town. Few things satisfy the soul of a hiker fresh into town like a double trail burger with cheese, fries and a cold sweet tea at the Smoky Mountain Diner. My mouth is watering right now thinking about it. Thank goodness Dancer and I will be in Hot Springs on Sunday. :clap

Tennessee Viking
03-09-2011, 11:22
Has anything taken over Paddlers Pub?

Hooch
03-09-2011, 11:29
Paddler's Pub was torn down a couple years ago. There was slow work on something new on the old site last time I was there (back in the late summer), but not sure what was actualy planned to go in the building once it's complete. Maybe Mountain Maiden can chime in on this, since she's a Hot Springs resident.

Hikes in Rain
03-09-2011, 11:56
I'll be walking through Hot Springs mid-May, and will definitely be eating at the Smokey Mountain Diner. And restocking at Bluff Mountain Outfitters, and possibly be staying at the Alpine. Hot water availability could be an issue, though, after two days of hiking! :-?

Hooch
03-09-2011, 12:04
If'n you want hot water for sure, get a cabin at Hot Springs Campground, across the street from the resort. Never had a hot water shortage there as many times as I've stayed there.

Mountain Maiden
03-09-2011, 13:22
Paddler's Pub was torn down a couple years ago. There was slow work on something new on the old site last time I was there (back in the late summer), but not sure what was actualy planned to go in the building once it's complete. Maybe Mountain Maiden can chime in on this, since she's a Hot Springs resident.
Hey Hooch!
LOL--S-L-O-W work is right! It has become nothing more than an eyesore--no completion in sight!

Unfortunately, Rock Bottom is kinda' iffy these days. However, Good Eats in the Campground store has good hiker fare and good prices if you are looking for something other than the Diner. Iron Horse Station is a bit more upscale in menu and prices but good. And, they do offer discounted hiker prices for rooms, too.

IMHO, the Diner is still the best bet! Owner is a hiker, they grow much of their own food and the price/portions can't be beat. Good Folks!

At The Gallery (next to Iron Horse)--hikers are always welcome! We have free wi-fi, great coffee and espresso, good wines, etc. And--take advantage of our 25 % discount for ALDHA membership! As always, SMILES and ADVICE are free!

Sunny:sun

CrumbSnatcher
03-09-2011, 14:39
I guess I'm the only one who eats at the Smoky Mountain Diner. :o
i'm with ya, i absolutely love the diner every chance i get:cool:

Chaco Taco
03-09-2011, 15:48
Has anything taken over Paddlers Pub?

Alot of the menu items from Paddlers are on the Rock Bottom menu like Patricks Burger

Chaco Taco
03-09-2011, 15:50
Hey Hooch!
LOL--S-L-O-W work is right! It has become nothing more than an eyesore--no completion in sight!

Unfortunately, Rock Bottom is kinda' iffy these days. However, Good Eats in the Campground store has good hiker fare and good prices if you are looking for something other than the Diner. Iron Horse Station is a bit more upscale in menu and prices but good. And, they do offer discounted hiker prices for rooms, too.

IMHO, the Diner is still the best bet! Owner is a hiker, they grow much of their own food and the price/portions can't be beat. Good Folks!

At The Gallery (next to Iron Horse)--hikers are always welcome! We have free wi-fi, great coffee and espresso, good wines, etc. And--take advantage of our 25 % discount for ALDHA membership! As always, SMILES and ADVICE are free!

Sunny:sun
Love the addition they made to the Diner, nice little porch. The service at Rock Bottom kinda sucks but the burgers are good

Chaco Taco
03-09-2011, 15:51
Cant say enough about Hot Springs. We spent our honeymoon there!!

griztrax
03-10-2011, 01:34
If you're in the mood for some prime accommodations when you reach Hot Springs, reserve a cottage at Springbrook Cottages. We stayed there after our recent walk from I-40 to Hot Springs and loved it. Very clean, has a kitchenette, good showers - like renting a small, very nice house and the prices weren't unreasonable. It's right next door to the Iron Horse Station - good food and live music on weekends. Beware of the 'specials' at Iron Horse though - the only thing special about them are the jacked up prices that they have when they're offered. It's great food, but we paid about 17 bucks for a hamburger when I was last there. I suppose it covers the live music, but hey, I'd rather pay a reasonable price and whistle while I eat.
The # for Springbrook is 828-622-7385. It's where I'll stay anytime that I'm in the region.

Mountain Maiden
03-10-2011, 08:38
If you're in the mood for some prime accommodations when you reach Hot Springs, reserve a cottage at Springbrook Cottages. We stayed there after our recent walk from I-40 to Hot Springs and loved it. Very clean, has a kitchenette, good showers - like renting a small, very nice house and the prices weren't unreasonable. It's right next door to the Iron Horse Station - good food and live music on weekends. Beware of the 'specials' at Iron Horse though - the only thing special about them are the jacked up prices that they have when they're offered. It's great food, but we paid about 17 bucks for a hamburger when I was last there. I suppose it covers the live music, but hey, I'd rather pay a reasonable price and whistle while I eat.
The # for Springbrook is 828-622-7385. It's where I'll stay anytime that I'm in the region.

Springbrook IS a great stay! Nice and clean and right on the creek, too.

Fortunately, in recent days, the IHS has reduced many of its prices and food is improved, too.

SmokeEater
03-25-2011, 18:40
Having trouble getting in contact with anyone at the Alpine court motel. 828-6223231. I keep getting there answering machine. Called all hrs of the day for the past 2 days. Anyone know another number. R they closed?