PDA

View Full Version : Trail Days Accommodations

Snake Farm
03-08-2011, 19:33
Hey WB, I was wondering where most thru hikers stay during Trail Days? I have heard of 'tent city' that seems to be located in town. Is it possible to just walk into town and join this tent city? Do you need reservations?

What are some other places to stay? Can you camp in the town park?

Basically what I am asking is; can I just hike into town and find a spot to set up my tent?

p.s. I apologize if this has been already asked, I did a search and couldnt find any topics about this.

Skidsteer
03-08-2011, 19:44
Basically what I am asking is; can I just hike into town and find a spot to set up my tent?

Yes........

WalkinHome
03-09-2011, 12:16
"p.s. I apologize if this has been already asked, I did a search and couldnt find any topics about this."

Nothing about Trail Days on this site? Surely you jest! Don't call me Shirley.

wornoutboots
03-09-2011, 12:29
No, you cannot just walk through town & pitch a tent, these a privately owned properties. Tent city is about a mile out of town & there you can camp anywhere you like, it's a walk everyone makes while in Traildays a few times a day.

wornoutboots
03-09-2011, 12:30
I'm sure LW will chime in but I don't know of anywhere you can just set up without payment or permisssion or both??

Snake Farm
03-09-2011, 17:36
Thanks wornoutboots.

and after a second search I found a gazillion threads. my mistake was searching for 'Trail Days accomidations' my apologies.