PDA

View Full Version : Weird Email - Look out newbies!

gravityman
01-10-2005, 14:39
Got the following strange email in my box today. No idea who or where it came from, but is full of misinformation. If you got one as well, ignore the slander. No one that we meet in 2001 made us feel like they were trying to "pick our pockets" not even the notrious UJ. Ignore the bad gossip out on the trail. In my opinion it just detracts from a thru!

The strange thing about this email is that it seems to degenerate into an ad at the end...

To: [email]
Cc: [email]
Subject: appalachian trail
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 02:41:17 EST

A big part of your success of the trail is planning ahead.You must remember there are people who prey off of hikers.In the 1st 100 miles you will see what I mean.There
are hostals who offer you a cheap rate to stay all night who pick your pockets clean
with a few dollars for this & a few dollars for that.Camp grounds who are just waiting to sell you a $1.00 microwave pizza for $6.99,a ride to the store for $20.00,use my slow internet for 35 cents a minute,We have a handfull of hiker gear here to show you
which is the best in the world for a bargin priced at 8 to 10 times more than it's really
worth.They even have buddies on up the trail at other hostals & camp grounds just
waiting to set your pants on fire with their charm.Go into the towns and see what they have to offer.Such as Hiawassee Inn"free shuttle to/from Trail.Close to everthing.
Franklin,N.C. there's not enough room to tell about Haven Motel 828-524-4403Free
Bus to/from winding stair,wallace,and rock gaps.Free evening shuttle to shopping centers,outfitters,laundries,wal-mart,k-mart,restuarants,post office.library.In walking
distance is 27 resturants,downtown,5 grocery stores,post office,4 museums,hospital
pharmacy and everthing else.Havens Motel has Microwaves,refrigerators,satellite tv,
free internet,all rooms nicely refurbished w/new carpet,furniture, paint, light fixtures,
free local in room calls and no long distant call connection fees,a great atmosphere
plus the cleanest rooms and best location in franklin.nc,free mail drops. Hiker rates are only $35.00 year around for 2 guest and only $5.00 ea.for additional guest.They are pet friendly with no extra charge for hikers pets,but they do charge $50.00 refundable deposit.
per pet.Local news papers wrote about this service for hikers and many A T hikers
in their journals in 2004, The Hike Inn Fontana,Capri Gatlinburg,Tn and many more.
Have Fun,ask questions,watch those handy along the trail pick pocket joints,