PDA

View Full Version : weather dicks creek to NOC?

skeeter
03-10-2011, 10:41
I am doing a section hike Friday, from Dicks Creek to NOC. Can anyone tell me what the conditions are like on the trail right now? Watching the Weather channel and they say flood watch and snow at elevation. Appreciate your input.

generoll
03-10-2011, 10:44
weather channel pretty much nailed it. the clear days will likely be cold and the warmer days will pretty much be wet.

MedicineWoman2012
03-10-2011, 11:54
Skeeter, We are headed to NOC and hiking towards Dicks Creek beginning this evening also if you wanna arrange shuttle or carpool? PM me if you get this message before leaving!

Outdoor76
03-10-2011, 18:13
Just picked up hikers at Rock Gap (near Franklin) about the middle point. It was dumping snow at 4:15pm but it looked short-lived. Nothing happening here in town. NWS issued a winter weather advisory above 2500' in areas near the Smokies tonight and into tomorrow. I'd expect temps in the high teens on most parts of the trail. We've had WAY worse so far - it beats the pouring rains and 40+mph gusts we've had recently.

Waterbuffalo
03-10-2011, 22:58
Just did burningtown to NOC 2 weeks ago. Water is real good and trail is real clear all blow downs from the winter have been removed.