PDA

View Full Version : Tellico Gap - NC1365

V Eight
03-10-2011, 13:28
Is this someplace that a Shuttle can get to?
I don't think I will need it, but just covering my bases
in case I fall behind schedule.

Thanks

Hikes in Rain
03-10-2011, 17:08
It's on a nice two lane paved road. Shouldn't be a problem for a shuttle to get to.

Red Hat
03-10-2011, 17:38
paved to just before the gap from the west.... dirt road from the east.... A GPS directed me that way this January... not fun in the ice... managed to turn around and head back down. but yes, in the spring it is fine

V Eight
03-10-2011, 18:24
Thanks, I plan to get to Wesser (NOC) but I also want to
be in Franklin Friday afternoon and it my take me to long
to get to the NOC.

Papa D
03-10-2011, 22:27
I thought it was dirt-might be wrong - it's a pain in the rear to drive to - telico road to needmore rd., right? - need a good map, then winding up to the ridge - why not just skip on ahead to the NOC - it's only 7-8 miles of pretty basic hiking and you get to climb the cool fire tower.

V Eight
03-11-2011, 08:48
I thought it was dirt-might be wrong - it's a pain in the rear to drive to - telico road to needmore rd., right? - need a good map, then winding up to the ridge - why not just skip on ahead to the NOC - it's only 7-8 miles of pretty basic hiking and you get to climb the cool fire tower.

As I said, I want to be in Franklin Friday afternoon. If I get held up anywhere between Dicks Creek & the NOC, I would be getting there late in the afternoon or early evening.

I would like to check out that fire tower, but I know my hiking style & speed. Instead
of rushing down the hill to the NOC, I would rather come back in a month or so and take
my time.

Thanks for the suggestion though :)

JaxHiker
03-18-2011, 09:39
No problem at all. Last May we got a shuttle to Tellico and I left my truck there. Then we got dropped off at Dicks Creek to hike back to the truck. Even my friend's car didn't have any problem though it's a fairly steep grade once you're on the dirt portion.

I don't recall it being a pain to drive to. It's been about a year but I'm pretty sure Tellico Rd. is right off 28.