PDA

View Full Version : From the weather outside right now...

GracefulRoll
03-10-2011, 15:03
and what I've heard about previous years, I think 2011 is so far the new 2003 when it comes to the Southern part of the trail.

Yowsa.

Joey C
03-10-2011, 15:10
Last year started off with a ton of rain too. Thought it would match 2003 as well. Hard to predict the future. It's all good.

GracefulRoll
03-10-2011, 15:18
I remember I was still in college just north of Boston in 2003. The Merrimack River was overflowing flood walls like 10 foot waves crashing against rocks, flooding the immediately adjacent dormitories. Luckily (or not so luckily), I was on the 13th floor of a high rise. lol

It had only been raining for 5 days... I can only imagine being IN that weather.

Slo-go'en
03-10-2011, 15:39
I remember I was still in college just north of Boston in 2003. The Merrimack River was overflowing flood walls like 10 foot waves crashing against rocks, flooding the immediately adjacent dormitories. Luckily (or not so luckily), I was on the 13th floor of a high rise. lol.

Hey, that must be U Mass at Lowell. I went there when it was still known as Lowell Tech and ended up living in Lowell for about 15 years. Indeed, the Merrymuck could turn into a wild river this time of year. It used to be fun to see how close we could get to it without falling in. While being pretty wasted, of course :D

RayBan
03-10-2011, 15:42
"If you don't want to get wet don't go out there." (overheard at MRO)

GracefulRoll
03-10-2011, 15:46
"If you don't want to get wet don't go out there." (overheard at MRO)

I'm guessing Jeff said that.

GracefulRoll
03-10-2011, 15:50
Hey, that must be U Mass at Lowell. I went there when it was still known as Lowell Tech and ended up living in Lowell for about 15 years. Indeed, the Merrymuck could turn into a wild river this time of year. It used to be fun to see how close we could get to it without falling in. While being pretty wasted, of course :D

Bingo!

Yeah, so imagine the river facing side of Bourgeois getting hit with wall of water every few minutes. LMAO It was already a dump before that. I faced the river in Fox, and watched that river fiasco and everyone running down the street to get out of the rain. Apparently they never skipped class.

Speakeasy TN
03-13-2011, 09:44
It's sure looking wet so far. Maybe a change on the horizon? I met a 20-something at Amicalola Sunday that was starting the next day. This week has been rainy with snow at elevation. The forecast for my 3-17 start........ sunny and 65! Here's hoping it's a trend!