PDA

View Full Version : Marmot EOS1 or BA Seedhouse SL1?

Bearbag
03-10-2011, 22:13
I need advice and or opinions on these two tents. thanks

bulldog49
03-11-2011, 00:58
Side entry rules!

WhoDey
03-11-2011, 01:27
The reviews I have seen on the Eos say that there is no headroom due to the design. Check out some reviews on REI. I would go with the SL1 if I had to choose

KillerKowalski
03-11-2011, 03:43
If I remember correctly, the weight of the EOS is not compareable to the Seedhouse 1. A lot of reviews I read complained about the EOS and its vestibule. It sags a lot when it's high humidty or raining. I am a fan of side entry and I sold my Seedhouse 1 last year. But, I could not take the weight of the EOS, so I bought the Fly Creek UL1 for this season. I hate the front entrance especially in the morning, but the decrease in weight is worth it.

mykl
03-11-2011, 09:47
Normally I would suggest Marmot over Big Agnes, but not in this case. The Eos is tiny, with no head room. The older design of the Eos was nicer anyway in my opinion. It used to be about half mesh, had a vent in the fly and a clear window in the vestibule....all these things were taken away and only added a little more length and weight.

Chubbs4U
03-11-2011, 19:29
What is the difference between the BA Fly Creek UL1 and the BA Seedhouse SL1?

KillerKowalski
03-11-2011, 22:53
What is the difference between the BA Fly Creek UL1 and the BA Seedhouse SL1?

Total weight, color, and material used. The dimensions are almost exact.

RayBan
03-11-2011, 23:53
Buy a seam-sealed Moment and be done with it...

XCskiNYC
03-12-2011, 00:12
The Moment is much roomier than the either the SL1 or EOS. It also weighs quite a bit less. But it's single-wall. 10k said he had misting inside the tent with his during heavy, wind-driven (40 mph) rain. I think he said a spray-on covering fixed the problem. In general, there's more of a possibility of condensation with a single-wall tent but many people use them and it's apparently bearable.

A couple of other designs I think are better than the SL1 or EOS and at competing prices: MSR Hubba and REI Quarter Dome T1.

I bought the very similar BA Fly Creek UL1 and returned it because it was very tight on the inside. Many people who generally like the UL1 design go with the UL2 as it's still fairly light for a double-wall tent but has a decent amount of interior space.

KillerKowalski
03-12-2011, 01:36
I bought the very similar BA Fly Creek UL1 and returned it because it was very tight on the inside. Many people who generally like the UL1 design go with the UL2 as it's still fairly light for a double-wall tent but has a decent amount of interior space.

I disagree. You mention the Hubba and REI Quarter Dome both are only 26" wide (off memory). The FC UL1 is 43" and the head.

I agree to go with the UL2. I wish I did. The weight increase is not a lot, but ounces do add up in the long run.

skooch
03-12-2011, 09:51
Mine is a Marmot Limelite 2. roomy for 1 person. A little heavy but worth having gear inside and ease of setup. Not pricey and footprint included.

RayBan
03-12-2011, 10:45
The Moment is much roomier than the either the SL1 or EOS. It also weighs quite a bit less. But it's single-wall. 10k said he had misting inside the tent with his during heavy, wind-driven (40 mph) rain. I think he said a spray-on covering fixed the problem. In general, there's more of a possibility of condensation with a single-wall tent but many people use them and it's apparently bearable.

Henry has a detachable inner "wall" that eliminates any misting (it weighs 4 oz).

mykl
03-12-2011, 14:11
Mine is a Marmot Limelite 2. roomy for 1 person. A little heavy but worth having gear inside and ease of setup. Not pricey and footprint included.

We just got the Marmot Twilight 2 to use as a base camp tent. It's very nice and roomy (almost got Limelight). It's a bit over 5 pounds but I'm sure I'll take it out solo for a few days.

FamilyGuy
03-12-2011, 15:17
Henry has a detachable inner "wall" that eliminates any misting (it weighs 4 oz).

No.

It helps prevent you from getting your gear wet. But if misting did occur, it would still occur.

Franco
03-12-2011, 22:23
Ever wondered why many mesh inners have fabric at the top ?
Franco

FamilyGuy
03-13-2011, 02:01
Ever wondered why many mesh inners have fabric at the top ?
Franco

Don't misconstrue what I said. The liner is there to protect one from so called misting, but it won't prevent misting from the fly. It will keep you dry, which is what it was designed to do. My post was just to clarify. I agree with you.