PDA

View Full Version : I need a new bag!!

Rangerman40
03-10-2011, 22:21
I'm in the market for a new bag. I currently own a Suisse Sport 30 degree synthetic bag which keeps me perfectly warm and compresses smaller than a football, but the problem is the size. It's waaaay to small in the chest/shoulders. I'm 6'1" 250lbs with really broad shoulders. I've been looking at some Big Agnes bags that are sort of a modified mummy shape since they are wide at the top but would like some of your suggestions. Price is somewhat of a concern. Nothing too crazy, and under 3lbs would be great!

Bucherm
03-11-2011, 01:29
I'm in the market for a new bag. I currently own a Suisse Sport 30 degree synthetic bag which keeps me perfectly warm and compresses smaller than a football, but the problem is the size. It's waaaay to small in the chest/shoulders. I'm 6'1" 250lbs with really broad shoulders. I've been looking at some Big Agnes bags that are sort of a modified mummy shape since they are wide at the top but would like some of your suggestions. Price is somewhat of a concern. Nothing too crazy, and under 3lbs would be great!

That bag is a terrible bag, and I am assuming that you bought it because of the price(which is pretty low on Amazon).

I like the Big Agnes Fishhawk for bags in the 30F range.

Rangerman40
03-11-2011, 12:11
I can't really comment on how terrible of a bag it is because it's the first mummy bag i've ever had. I like how small it compresses, but it's just too small in the chest for me. When I took it hiking with me it got down to around 40 that night and I was perfectly warm as was my wife who has the same bag. Price was definitely the selling point of that bag for me.

Rangerman40
03-11-2011, 13:38
I found the Fish Hawk on Department of Goods for 138.00 and found a coupon code that upped the discount to 40% so I now have a new down bag on the way for 110.00 shipped!

slow
03-11-2011, 22:40

WM mitylite is a great bag for what you ask.

More + room for you.

Temp is more at 30.

Packs 6x12.

slow
03-11-2011, 22:50
F.F also makes GREAT bags.Spend your money ONE time on a bag ,cause that is your lifeline.:)

RayBan
03-11-2011, 23:51
http://www.montbell.us/products/disp.php?cat_id=795&p_id=1121798

slow
03-12-2011, 00:30
http://www.montbell.us/products/disp.php?cat_id=795&p_id=1121798

mb is not the same as FF OR WM.....BUY A LONG SHOT.