PDA

View Full Version : Most complete NJ Trail Overlay for GPS

jerseydave
03-11-2011, 08:30
Was hoping some of you might be able to help me.

I'm looking for the MOST complete set of trails for NJ on a .gpx file.
I currently have "MY Trails" installed on my 60csx, but it doesn't have ALL the trails that I'd like.

I know I likey will not find a file with every trail, but thought there might be others out there that are more complete, or another that I could use in conjunction with what I already have to "fill in the blanks".

Thanks,
jd

10-K
03-11-2011, 10:17
Was hoping some of you might be able to help me.

I'm looking for the MOST complete set of trails for NJ on a .gpx file.
I currently have "MY Trails" installed on my 60csx, but it doesn't have ALL the trails that I'd like.

I know I likey will not find a file with every trail, but thought there might be others out there that are more complete, or another that I could use in conjunction with what I already have to "fill in the blanks".

Thanks,
jd

Just a side note... I've taken my GPS with me on my last 2 AT hikes and have compared the "My Trails" maps with tracks downloaded from Backpacker.com and both times the "My Trails" map had the most accurate track according to my GPS.

I thought that was pretty interesting - I would have figured the Backpacker.com .gpx files would have been the better of the two.

jerseydave
03-11-2011, 12:12
That is a little surprising, I would have thought the opposite as well.

I'm hoping to find a file that has all the little side loops tracked.

Right now we are dayhiking with one vehicle, so we obviously are doing out-n-backs.

On some recent hikes I've thought about incorporating some of the lesser traveled side trails for the return trips just to make more interesting loops out of the trek.

I'm surprised that the "my trails" file doesn't have many of the smaller trails on it.

I have them on my maps, but would like them on the GPS as well if possible.

jd