PDA

View Full Version : What are you looking forward to most?

Thatguy
03-11-2011, 09:12
I'm looking forward to heading out to the AT in a week and meeting up with some other hikers I know and a few I don't know. Also, experiencing how beer combined with backpackers renders some amazing hiking stories.

What are you looking forward to most for the busy hiking season?

Raul Perez
03-11-2011, 09:27
The lighter pack weight and longer stays in the woods (winter I dont spend more than 2-3 days out on trail).

I am also looking forward to finishing off the NY Section of the AT the first week in May.

Snake Farm
03-11-2011, 17:53
Im most interested in meeting other hikers, seeing the amazing scenery, andamazing myself with how much food I can eat in one sitting. Hitch hiking will also be a new, exciting experience.

Seeing how life will be away from family and friends for six months is probably the most intriguing aspect of it for me.

And TRAIL DAYS!!!

GeneralLee10
03-11-2011, 21:27
I'm looking forward to hiking the whole AT naked:D:banana well maybe with a banana hammock on:banana:banana JK not hiking this year.

Bo Knows
03-11-2011, 21:30
im looking forward to it starting the most. these last few weeks have been rough and i got 2 more to go...

Bo Knows
03-11-2011, 21:40
daisies...swimsuits....tshirts... that guy

sorry cant get that out of my head. looks like youll be a day ahead of me as i plan to hit the approach trail on the 28th. you stayin at hiker hostel?

Snake Farm
03-11-2011, 23:56
You talking to me Bo? Are you talking to me? I dont see anyone else around her so you must be talkin to me!

I'll be staying at the HH on 3/29.

Thatguy
03-12-2011, 09:37
daisies...swimsuits....tshirts... that guy

sorry cant get that out of my head. looks like youll be a day ahead of me as i plan to hit the approach trail on the 28th. you stayin at hiker hostel?

@Bo Knows

Staying at Hiker Hostel on 3/20/11. Starting at Woody Gap. You'll probably catch me as I don't hike fast but I hike good...whatever that means.:sun

the judge
03-12-2011, 09:59
not listening to people whine about cell service, slow internet, getting booted from call of duty, talking behind each other's backs. might just not come back here when I'm done.

crazystick
03-12-2011, 10:43
half gallon challenge! (do they still give out the wooden spoon if you complete it?)

Raul Perez
03-12-2011, 11:11
half gallon challenge! (do they still give out the wooden spoon if you complete it?)

I met a thru hiker last June (Simply Jon) in NY who completed the half gallon challenge. He said he was a bit disappointed in the spoon he got (tiny thing).

stonedflea
03-12-2011, 12:54

me too!!! =) half gallon challenge is in my top five... the remaining things i'm excited about include getting the heck out of society for a while, meeting hikers and town locals, not having a cell phone, the half gallon challenge, and proving to people that you don't need a gun to hike if you're a girl.

Speakeasy TN
03-13-2011, 09:34
Hey I'm easy! I'm looking forward to seeing my first bear in the wild. As much time as I've spent outdoors, I've yet to see a bear. Also on the list are moose and porcupines!