PDA

View Full Version : The online companion is not online anymore?

CowHead
03-13-2011, 13:44
Always like using that as a resource the Online Companion for the AT now you got to download it and it's not a free resouce anymore. I quess they need to change the name to the Adobe AT companion @ 8 bucks:mad:

map man
03-13-2011, 13:50
Keeping the Companion updated is a lot of work, and I have no problem with them charging for it. It is still free if you are a paying member of ALDHA.

Rain Man
03-13-2011, 14:00
Keeping the Companion updated is a lot of work, and I have no problem with them charging for it. It is still free if you are a paying member of ALDHA.

Not to mention the cost of printing, storing, mailing, and etc., plus maintaining a web site. It's not free by any stretch.

Pay the $10 for membership and then it's yours.

Rain:sunMan

Sly
03-13-2011, 15:38
Always like using that as a resource the Online Companion for the AT now you got to download it and it's not a free resouce anymore. I quess they need to change the name to the Adobe AT companion @ 8 bucks:mad:

As someone has already mentioned, join ALDHA for $10 and get the Companion for free, along with a quarterly Newsletter and the annual member Directory.

CowHead
03-14-2011, 20:19
but it is not a online companion anymore where you can check it at a moment notice now you want to check it you need to hang on to the pdf, money not and issue, I just like the idea of the online and quick access

Skidsteer
03-14-2011, 20:29
It's a few megabytes. You can put it on your desktop without crashing your computer.

4eyedbuzzard
03-14-2011, 20:50
It's a few megabytes. You can put it on your desktop without crashing your computer.
Or on a thumb drive on your keychain.

TheChop
03-14-2011, 22:18
Or forward it to yourself on gmail or yahoo...

Hikerhead
03-14-2011, 23:29
As someone has already mentioned, join ALDHA for $10 and get the Companion for free, along with a quarterly Newsletter and the annual member Directory.

Sly, along with paying members getting the Companion on line for free, why not sweeten the deal with allowing the Garthering Schedule to be down loaded for free also. This would solve the problem of Friday night late arrivals not having a schedule to plan with and make corrections to. Yes, I was a late arrival boo hoo. :(

Jeff
03-15-2011, 08:17
Hikerhead....that's a great idea. I too am always scrambling to figure out what seminars to attend and frequently miss a great presentation.

Bare Bear
03-17-2011, 16:45
If you order it in November ATC sends you the current year and then the new one when it comes out.That's a deal...my 'current year' is always used up or gone to a hiker in need.

LDog
03-17-2011, 17:13
Just joined for two years at http://www.aldha.org/join.htm. Hope to see you all at the gathering!

jbwood5
03-17-2011, 18:28
I always used the online version to plan section hikes. Then I went and actually ordered the compact bound version for the hike if I needed it. I think that was sort of the intent of putting it online. I guess too many people were just printing it, cutting it to size, and avoiding paying for the nice bound version. They probably spent as much in ink and paper.. wear on the printer, and never even realized it. lol

Oh well, I've got plenty of old ones now to plan my section hikes..... and $10 is cheap enough for the latest version.