PDA

View Full Version : Sasquatch experince

fiestcr
03-15-2011, 08:05
Anyone evr had any while out on the trail, or heard any strange noises that they cant explain?

Majortrauma
03-15-2011, 08:13
You're going to get a slew of comments on this, most of them jokes or attempts at jokes.
Where were you when you heard your noise?

rhapsody98
03-15-2011, 09:36
Not on the AT, but nearby. In the Cherokee National Forest one evening, my husband and I were on our way back to the car from an old logging road very near the Holston Lake. The road was on a ridge, with about a twenty foot steep rock wall on one side, and a four story steep hill on the other side. We kept hearing leaves rustling on the ridge, and we assumed it was a squirrel or other small animal, except that it followed us for nearly half a mile. When we stopped to look up to the ridge, it stopped. When we began walking again, the animal began walking again. It sounded big, just from the rustles, but we never could see anything. We quick stepped most of the way back to the car.

Gray Blazer
03-15-2011, 09:38
True story. Two of my boys saw BF in Ocala National Forest at Buck Lake near the FT. I saw BF footprints in Etoniah Creek State Forest on the FT.
Research some WB threads.

vamelungeon
03-15-2011, 09:38
A few years ago I was in the woods on Pine Mtn. on the VA-KY state line and heard some really strange bugling noises I had never heard in this area before and was at a loss to explain what it was. It really gave me chill bumps! Later I found out that elk had migrated over from Kentucky.
I would love for a new primate species to be discovered in North America and avidly read all I can on the subject but I think it's unlikely. You might want to check out Cryptomundo.com.

Pedaling Fool
03-15-2011, 09:44
Not on the AT, but nearby. In the Cherokee National Forest one evening, my husband and I were on our way back to the car from an old logging road very near the Holston Lake. The road was on a ridge, with about a twenty foot steep rock wall on one side, and a four story steep hill on the other side. We kept hearing leaves rustling on the ridge, and we assumed it was a squirrel or other small animal, except that it followed us for nearly half a mile. When we stopped to look up to the ridge, it stopped. When we began walking again, the animal began walking again. It sounded big, just from the rustles, but we never could see anything. We quick stepped most of the way back to the car.
Black bears are known for stalking people, not common, but it does happen. When a black bear attacks it's primarly for predation. As opposed to the Grizzly which is usually to protect its kill (or territory) or its young.

Elder
03-15-2011, 09:48
Coyotes will "stalk" you.
They are curious and also will catch what critters you flush out.

Ladytrekker
03-15-2011, 12:40
In the Ocala National Forest camping at Hidden Pond had my tent near but not close to the water. Early morning hours I had sat up with headlamp put on more clothes it was freezing and had ice on my tent. As soon as I put the headlamp out and started to lay down I heard this galluping came so close to my tent it did a swoosh and my tent shook. It ran by fast and hit the water and then not another sound. I was too cold and freaked to move. But it had to be a deer but there was not a sound after it hit the water which was so odd. I don't think a gator could run that fast and the only thought was maybe a hog. There was about 12 of us camping and one of the people was so freaked he got out of his tent and moved it up by the group and left me hanging out by myself. Everyone heard it but nobody saw it.

bulldog49
03-15-2011, 13:53
Anyone evr had any while out on the trail, or heard any strange noises that they cant explain?

Once, when I was eating Jack Links Beef Jerky..........

elray
03-15-2011, 13:57
Please let the Sasquatch stories be true! It would make the woods a much more interesting place!

fiestcr
03-15-2011, 14:00
i have had 3 encounters, no visual once in Colorado there were three of them yelling around my tent, and running back and forth. I was scared @#@less. Then once in WV i had a huge stone thrown at me about the size of a volleyball. and another in WV when i was 15 on a ATV late at night on a dirt road, eye reflection in the middle of the road that were about 8 feet off the ground. then walked off int to woods. No WV animal i know of that is about 8foot off the ground.

www.bfro.net (http://www.bfro.net)

V Eight
03-15-2011, 14:39
All I want to know is, with all these Big Feet (Big Foots?) :confused: not only those listed above,
but the all the ones from across the globe. Why have we never found
a dead one, or the bones of a modern day one? I don’t know if there
real or not, just say’n :-?

fiestcr
03-15-2011, 14:43
dont know, but check out that sight and go to your state and area, some intresting stories in there for sure

dragoro
03-15-2011, 14:48
Yeah, and Santa clause is real too lol.

Undershaft
03-15-2011, 16:17
Check out the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization. Lots of neat stories and anecdotes. They even have recordings of Bigfoot calls. http://www.bfro.net

fiestcr
03-15-2011, 16:21
their out there

Bucherm
03-16-2011, 00:21
their out there

Well with definitive evidence like that I'm convinced.

(oh wait, I'm thinking of the opposite of evidence)

Gray Blazer
03-16-2011, 08:53
Check out the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization. Lots of neat stories and anecdotes. They even have recordings of Bigfoot calls. http://www.bfro.net

If I knew how to link I would link you to my very own BFRO investigation. Go to the BFRO website, click on FL and then Putnam County and then click on Man Finds Possible Footprint Outside Palatka.

sparky2000
03-16-2011, 09:15
When trekking in Kodiac, Alaska, on the other side of flat top mtn., we came onto a large piss poodle steaming in the snow and beside it was one large human like footprint. We were scared - walked out to a nearby ruddy road and walked back to town - quickly.

Ender
03-16-2011, 09:31
When trekking in Kodiac, Alaska, on the other side of flat top mtn., we came onto a large piss poodle steaming in the snow and beside it was one large human like footprint. We were scared - walked out to a nearby ruddy road and walked back to town - quickly.

Sounds like a bear. And in Alaska, that likely means grizzly bear. I would have been scared too.

Montana Mac
03-16-2011, 10:28
This is some amazing video of a bear that could be mistaken to be Big Foot.

It is in a zip format - first time I tried "zipping" a file - hope it works

fiestcr
03-16-2011, 14:04
wow cool, adapation

Erin
03-16-2011, 21:45
My stupid story I tell on myself was the first time I camped alone, ever. It was in Maine. I heard this sound and I almost soiled myself. Breathe! Breathe! After a few moments, I realized I had heard this sound on movie soundtracks. It was a loon. Another night in another state, the stalker was an armadillo. Little critters make big noise at night, alone in a tent.