PDA

View Full Version : moontrail

Megapixel
03-15-2011, 21:50
anyone know anything about this company, moontrail.com ? legit?

Mountain Wildman
03-15-2011, 22:35
They are legit.
I bought my Western Mountaineering Ponderosa from them last month and with the points for the purchase I got $112.00 of free items. There is a long list of items you can use your points on, I used them when I ordered the sleeping bag and got everything in one shipment. I paid the full $460.00 for the bag but with the free stuff it was actually over a 20% discount. WM Bags are tough to find on sale so it was a worthwhile purchase.

RayBan
03-15-2011, 22:36
Have purchased numerous items from them- good, prompt delivery and easy returns if needed. Very price competitive too.

Ol Mole
03-16-2011, 05:53
I recently purchased a tent from Moontrail. Price was the same as everyone was charging. The bonus points got me additional equipment which lowered the overall price substantially. The tent arrived a day early!

Very happy with their service.

Happy Trails.

flemdawg1
03-16-2011, 08:07
Very good site I try to use them whenver they are close on price. I like that they try to show some different photos of most gear (i.e. How big sleeping bags are compressed, how much room is in the tents, etc.).

RevLee
03-16-2011, 10:18
It's a great place for buying gear that never goes on sale because of the bonus points. I've also had excellent customer service from them. Wanted a couple of sleeping bags a year and a half ago that no one had in stock, so they called me as soon as they got a shipment plus I got compression bags and bag liners for free with the bonus points.

gardenville
03-16-2011, 11:47
Hi,

Moontrail is in San Antonio, TX. While they are mostly an Internet Store they do have a Store Front location. I live in San Antonio and have been over to their store several times and bought a number of things from them, no shipping cost when you carry it home yourself.

As a happy customer I would give them a very high recommendation.

Megapixel
03-16-2011, 13:48
thanks all. they are the only store i could find with the item i need! good deal.