PDA

View Full Version : late march thru hiking partner/s

loansome walker
01-12-2005, 07:46
I am looking to find a partner or partners for a thru hike in late march or early april starting at Springer and heading north. I am planning on starting off with low milage days and working into higher milage days and am not in a rush as I want to enjoy the fall colors in New England. I am not looking to share equipment as I want to be free to take a day off when ever I feel but would love to start off with someone and if we hike the same speed then who knows maybe we would finish together. I have hiked many trails in western canada but have never hiked out east and would enjoy learning from a local. I am a single male age 45 with many hikes under my belt and in fair shape.:clap

Lone Wolf
01-12-2005, 07:56
Just show up at Springer. There will be 15-20 others starting off.

Bloodroot
01-12-2005, 08:09
Yes, as L. Wolf says there are many of us starting off around that time. You would probably fall into a group at Springer before even starting. Good luck, see ya out there!

waymore
02-28-2005, 20:35
I plan on starting a thru-hike the week of March 20th. My early itinerary seems to jive with yours...starting slow at first, in no rush, would like to do some "leafing" as my redneck buddies call it.

Hit me up, maybe we can cooridinate. If not, hike fast enough and you will almost certainly pass me!!!

loansome walker
04-06-2005, 14:17
My plans changed somewhat as I took a job at a heliskiing lodge just couldn't resist the champange powder. I just worked my last day and will not start the AT till about a month later now so I hope to catch up as I have been doing lots of skiing and biking and some backpacking so I should start in good shape.
I plan on starting a thru-hike the week of March 20th. My early itinerary seems to jive with yours...starting slow at first, in no rush, would like to do some "leafing" as my redneck buddies call it.

Hit me up, maybe we can cooridinate. If not, hike fast enough and you will almost certainly pass me!!!

BonzNRio
03-12-2006, 18:13
Looks like we're heading out at the same time.We're leaving here on or around march 30th heading to Springer.

Cheesewhiz
03-12-2006, 19:17
Why would a "lonesome walker" be looking for a partner anyway?

SalParadise
03-12-2006, 19:22
Why would a "lonesome walker" be looking for a partner anyway?

ha. but I was thinking just the opposite, because he's lonely walking by himself.