PDA

View Full Version : Zombiegrad is off!

Red Hat
03-16-2011, 12:31
I dropped her off at the Hiker Hostel Monday afternoon. We went through her pack and tried to get rid of some weight. She was scheduled to leave yesterday morning. Not sure if she did, or if she waited for the nasty rain to stop. Today is gorgeous. She should be having a great hike by now.

Sickmont
03-16-2011, 12:33
Awesome!
I'm so jealous, honestly.

58starter
03-16-2011, 13:38
Maybe I will run into her, as I am starting from HWY 40 in about 2 weeks

Pedaling Fool
03-16-2011, 17:25
"Zombiegrad is off!"

What are you going to name the thread when she gets off the trail in a couple weeks:D;)

max patch
03-16-2011, 20:49
I think every one of the 2,000 or so prospective thrus should have their own thread.

tnwolf51
03-16-2011, 21:40
hey 58 is that hwy 40 in tn?

Speakeasy TN
03-17-2011, 05:50
I may be able to run her down! I'll be leaving from the terminus in just a few hours. Best wishes to all!

Red Hat
03-17-2011, 11:22
I think every one of the 2,000 or so prospective thrus should have their own thread.

She is no different from any of the other hikers out on the trail, but she has been collecting info here and posted several threads herself, so I thought someone might be interested.... I've seen a bunch of the class of 2011 and they are all excited about hiking, as they should be.

unclemjm
03-17-2011, 16:54
She is no different from any of the other hikers out on the trail, but she has been collecting info here and posted several threads herself, so I thought someone might be interested.... I've seen a bunch of the class of 2011 and they are all excited about hiking, as they should be.

Thanks for posting Red Hat.

I agree that each hiker may deserve their own thread and with nearly 60,000 threads already on White Blaze, why not one for a WB member who started here with her hike prep and has contributed to the conversation with others planning their own hikes?

I will disagree slightly though with the comment that she is no different from any of the other hikers, since everyone is unique. She seems like a great girl with a lot of guts and to me what makes her different is she is hitting the trail with one night camping under her belt but the positive attitude of a veteran.

She also has some gear support and pre-hike "trail angel" help from a designated driver who has earned the privilege of starting a thread about anything she likes as far as I'm concerned. :D

I am one of those interested in how things go for her and appreciate the thread.

FWIW, I did actually hear from her on the 15th with a text that she is "loving the trail" so she did head out as planned. I look forward to reading her trailjournal when updated and any checking in on this thread as well. :)

Red Hat
03-17-2011, 17:23
Thanks, Uncle Jim, I have a "dumb phone" and don't text, so I didn't know for sure. I'll be reading, as well. And, ps, thanks for your help with her practice camping out in the hammock. She seemed confident about using her equipment, where she had been pretty apprenhensive before.

stonedflea
03-17-2011, 18:42
i've only seen her here and there, but i love the amount of support it seems like she's getting. =D best of luck to her on her thru. i'm so jealous right now. :)

Ladytrekker
03-17-2011, 19:06
Is she posting a trail journal we could follow you know us that left behind you could easily spot me I am green with envy. I hope I can still hike when I retire I got plans.

Red Hat
05-07-2011, 11:07
No journal for Zombiegrad, who is now known on the trail as "Earth". I did hear from a hiker friend that she was past Erwin. I suspect that she may be in Damascus for Traildays. I hope to see her there.

So, John Gault, no "Zombiegrad is off" thread yet. :>)