PDA

View Full Version : Back in the office ...

Bootstrap
03-16-2011, 13:04
At work, we wear business casual.

But I really like to wear clothes that I can (1) stretch out in easily without restriction, or (2) hit the woods in without worry, (3) pack easily in a suitcase or bag without too much weight or wrinkles. So I have often been wearing hiking pants to work, but mine look a little funny, and I'd like to blend in just a little more.

I can wear running shoes or lightweight hiking boots, and shirts are no problem, but are can you recommend hiking pants that would not look out of place for casual business wear?

Fog Horn
03-16-2011, 13:10
I wear boots every day to work. They are arguably comfortable and light boots, but they are always the first thing off when I walk through the door to my house. Good luck in your quest, and count your blessings you get a little bit of variety in your wardrobe :)

couscous
03-16-2011, 13:16
The Railrider pants (http://www.railriders.com/men-pants-c-104_110.html) would blend into most office settings.

sbhikes
03-16-2011, 15:10
Look in travel catalogs such as Magellans.

The Cleaner
03-16-2011, 16:14
During the colder months I wear Tactical 5.11 pants.They're heavy canvas cotton and really block the wind.A lot of firemen,cops wear em ,the website also says hikers&hunters like em too:sun you can find them on Google shopping,several sites carry them&one sells them 36.99,no shipping...

Bootstrap
03-16-2011, 16:25
The Railrider pants (http://www.railriders.com/men-pants-c-104_110.html) would blend into most office settings.

Any particular kind?

Bootstrap
03-16-2011, 16:26
Look in travel catalogs such as Magellans.

Good tip! Thanks!

Bootstrap
03-16-2011, 16:27
During the colder months I wear Tactical 5.11 pants.They're heavy canvas cotton and really block the wind.A lot of firemen,cops wear em ,the website also says hikers&hunters like em too:sun you can find them on Google shopping,several sites carry them&one sells them 36.99,no shipping...

Heavy canvas cotton - is that like jeans? I could actually wear black jeans for most things, my problem with them is that: (1) I can't stretch out in them, and (2) they are very heavy for travel, and hard to dry out if I wash them in a sink.

beas
03-16-2011, 17:29

Very nice pants. I can tell you fireman cant tear them up no one can.

BEAS
19 years as a fireman with the Memphis Fire Dept.

Toolshed
03-16-2011, 17:46
At work, we wear business casual.

But I really like to wear clothes that I can (1) stretch out in easily without restriction, or (2) hit the woods in without worry, (3) pack easily in a suitcase or bag without too much weight or wrinkles. So I have often been wearing hiking pants to work, but mine look a little funny, and I'd like to blend in just a little more.

I can wear running shoes or lightweight hiking boots, and shirts are no problem, but are can you recommend hiking pants that would not look out of place for casual business wear?
In my industry that's not business casual that's just plain casual, (unless you work in IT/IS, then all bets are off...) :D

ki0eh
03-16-2011, 18:24
I wear Wrangler Riggs (from Gempler's, perhaps others) to work nearly all the time, I keep the zipoffs and big side pocket ones for the weekend but wear the subtler ones all the time for work. After all, I might have to climb down into a sewage pump station or something...

Bootstrap
03-18-2011, 12:03
In my industry that's not business casual that's just plain casual, (unless you work in IT/IS, then all bets are off...) :D

Well, I do work in software ...