PDA

View Full Version : Clarks North

Graywolf
03-17-2011, 08:40
Looked at the Clarks Jungle North and I must say, this hammock looks warm. And is state at 4 seasons...

Anyone have experiance with this hammock.??

Graywolf

TinaLouise
03-19-2011, 08:21
Looked at the Clarks Jungle North and I must say, this hammock looks warm. And is state at 4 seasons...

Anyone have experiance with this hammock.??

Graywolf

I have the Clark Tropical, my friend has the Clark NA. These are my thoughts on both of these hammocks being used in the same conditions on the trail.

The NA is warmer than the Tropical. I need way more insulation under me. When I tried the NA in the summer time, I found it to hot for me. No added insulation to it. With either hammock, you will need to add insulation, it's just easier to add stuff into all those pockets under the NA. With my Tropical, I add an under quilt. Just because it states it's a 4 season, doesn't mean you wont need added insulation, just like a 4 season tent. The weathershield on the NA is fantastic and helps to warm up the inside of the hammock plus keeps wind and/or light rain off of you. The Tropical it's optional and I ordered it for mine. Order the largest tarp Clark offers or get an after market one. I've got the XL and it's great but there's not much room when I have it staked down for storm mode.

Any more questions, just ask and I'll try to answer.

TinaLouise

Graywolf
03-19-2011, 18:18
I have the Clark Tropical, my friend has the Clark NA. These are my thoughts on both of these hammocks being used in the same conditions on the trail.

The NA is warmer than the Tropical. I need way more insulation under me. When I tried the NA in the summer time, I found it to hot for me. No added insulation to it. With either hammock, you will need to add insulation, it's just easier to add stuff into all those pockets under the NA. With my Tropical, I add an under quilt. Just because it states it's a 4 season, doesn't mean you wont need added insulation, just like a 4 season tent. The weathershield on the NA is fantastic and helps to warm up the inside of the hammock plus keeps wind and/or light rain off of you. The Tropical it's optional and I ordered it for mine. Order the largest tarp Clark offers or get an after market one. I've got the XL and it's great but there's not much room when I have it staked down for storm mode.

Any more questions, just ask and I'll try to answer.

TinaLouise

Thanks Tina... I looked at the Insulation Liner that you can also order seperatly for the hammock.
Been talking with a member on Hammock Forums and he dosnt live too far from me. He has the 150 so Im going over there to try it out...More I look at this Hammock, the more I maybe a convert....Only time will see..