Marmot rain pants

Top:
Capilene 1 T-shirt
Capilene 3 Zip neck long sleeve
Marmot Precip
Peak Performance light weight long sleeve top

Socks
(2) Smartwool med cushion

I will be starting Mid April from Georgia, and a few questions/debates I have been having with myself:
1) Am I missing anything from these sections (Another layer for cold weather? or would the combination of rain jacket for wind and capilene 3 + peak performance be fine?)
2) Should I get a set of fleece or so clothing for Camp clothes?

Thoughts/suggestions?

B4dWolf
03-17-2011, 15:58
I also forgot to mention in bottoms I do have a pair of lightweight Capilene Boxer Briefs as well :)

Bags4266
03-17-2011, 16:18
Yea I would bring a down vest or a fleece top. You always could mail it home.

johnnyblisters
03-17-2011, 16:18
I would add a light down sweater or fleece for cold insulation. I've never hiked the south at that time of the year but that's what I'm bringing for my upcoming thru (3-30).

Pete Moss
03-17-2011, 16:23
I would say Drop the Peak Preformance top and pick up the light synthetic or down jacket to layer with the precip if it gets cold.

Dont forget a light hat(tobogan) and I would pick up some light fleece gloves for the early section.

B4dWolf
03-17-2011, 19:50
Thanks for the feedback guys! I guess dropping the peak performance would be worthwhile as it serves the same function as the cap3. A down jacket or so seems to be the over all consensus :D!

Now what about part 2: Camp clothes, worth getting? If so a set of fleece clothes or what would be a good recommendation?

Bags4266
03-17-2011, 21:06
As for the camp clothes I use a Terramar silk bottoms. 3oz and 20 bucks keeps the funk off my sleeping bag and no sticking.

Panzer1
03-17-2011, 21:14
Socks
(2) Smartwool med cushion

I would go with 3 pairs.

Panzer

B4dWolf
03-22-2011, 19:09
Thank you all for such awesome suggestions! I took most of them to heart and this is what my final ended up looking like:

Bottoms:
Base: Mountain Hardware stretch layer.
North Face Paramount Convertible Pants
Marmot rain pants
North Face Impulse flight series (camp clothing :D)

Top:
Capilene 1 T-shirt
Capilene 3 Zip neck long sleeve
Marmot Precip
Northface Natchez fleece vest

Socks
(3) Smartwool med cushion

Gloves:
Marmot gloves :) free with the pants,
Hat: random warm wooly hat :D