PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Tried TREKSTA Men's Evolution Mid GTX

q-tip
03-18-2011, 14:22
Getting ready for the CT this summer-moving to lighter boots. any thoughts on these-BP Mag gave them the thumbs up this issue...

GA Red
05-17-2011, 16:39
I read the BP review and liked it! I have also checked out Treksta's website, I cannot find a place to buy them. Anyone know? I'm in south Georgia, no stores close, and it seems none available over the net! :cool:

kotaro24
09-12-2011, 15:37
My brother bought a pair by mail-order about a month ago. He's loving them. They are freaky light in weight. In local hiking for the last month, he's garnered some cosmetic scratches, but other than that they've held up well (still work like 'almost new'). I tried his shoes on, but I have a weak ankle, and was worried about ankle support. We're going up next week to section hike PA, Palmerton to Hamburg. That will be the acid test.

Hodge Podge
10-27-2011, 11:58
I bought a pair 6 weeks ago and used them around town and on a hike on the Tuscarora Trail--decent amount of up-and-down and a full load. I really like them. Granted the two boots combined weigh the equivalent of one of my old boots (late 1990s Scarpa Manta), so they're bound to feel featherwieght, but they offered great support and decent protection. The only time I missed the Mantas was in a stretch of rock garden--my feet came out feeling pretty beat up due to the much lighter midsole. Overall, well worth the tradeoff in weight. I'll be interested to see how durable they are in the long run, but they came out of their first hike without a scuff.