PDA

View Full Version : Need April shuttle from Port Clinton, PA to DWG

Blissful
03-18-2011, 20:38
Looking for a shuttle for me and my hubby to place a car at Port Clinton and drive us back to DWG to hike SOBO. Pay all gas etc and some good conversation to be had! Looking at doing this Sunday afternoon, April 17th or could do it mid morning Monday April 18th (we have to drive down from my parents in the Catskills of NY where we will be visiting).

Blissful
04-05-2011, 19:50
I haven't as yet been able to re-establish contact with the hiker who had first pm'd me about doing this shuttle. I have sent both a PM and email but no response yet. I'm getting a little nervous.
So I'm not sure if this may be in limbo. If you can help us with a shuttle as a possible back up if this has fallen through, and you live in the area btw Port Clinton and DWG, PLEASE PM me. We'd like to go after 3 PM Sunday April 17th or possible Monday late morning (Sunday preferred so we can hike Monday AM). Will pay expenses and even a meal in DWG :)

Rambler
04-12-2011, 22:40
Call the Outfitter there, "Ye Ole Backpacker" and ask. I met several Trail Angels in Port Clinton. Tel: 610-562-2322

The lady in the Post Office was very friendly and AT savy. She knows a lot of folks in town. Tel:610-562-3787

dzierzak
04-13-2011, 12:11
Call the Outfitter there, "Ye Ole Backpacker" and ask. I met several Trail Angels in Port Clinton. Tel: 610-562-2322

The lady in the Post Office was very friendly and AT savy. She knows a lot of folks in town. Tel:610-562-3787

IIRC "Ye Olde Backpacker" is closed. It's not listed in the 2011 Thru-Hikers Companion, though it was mentioned in the 2010 THC. I think it closed sometime in 2010.

sly dog
04-13-2011, 12:36
If your stuck i am sure i can free up time to help. I dont think I have anything going on sunday but for me later is better, i sleep in sunday mornings :D. I am in wilkes barre, about half way between those two points. takes me an hour to your start and finish towns. Let me know and in the meantime i will also verify my sunday is clear.

Blissful
04-13-2011, 14:44
Found a willing soul to take us, thanks So much!

kofritz
04-13-2011, 17:02
check with Mike Gelinas, he is listed in the AT conservancy shuttle list. he was very helpful to me and states he covers the areas you mentioned with good rates, i guess. if you can't locate him, check with Gelinas manor in Boiling Springs.