PDA

View Full Version : Timberland Chocorua Trail Boots

Sonno
03-19-2011, 00:46
After all my research these are the boots I've settled on. They get rave reviews and I'll probably end up getting a pair anyway even if only for everyday use. Does anyone have any kind of long distance hiking experience with these boots? I'd love to hear what you have to say about them.

http://shop.timberland.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10961109&prodFindSrc=search

http://images.eastbay.com/is/image/EB/18193?wid=300&hei=300

TIA :)

rp1790
03-19-2011, 02:51
Have done 400+ miles (Springer to Damascus) in these. Very comfortable, super light and no blisters!

Sonno
03-19-2011, 12:44
Have done 400+ miles (Springer to Damascus) in these. Very comfortable, super light and no blisters!

How did they hold up?

rp1790
03-20-2011, 03:23
Seemed like zero wear to me. I switched out to TrailRunners 'coz thats what everyone was doing.

Pretty sure they would have laster another 500-600 miles

AndyPandy
03-20-2011, 04:18
Used these boots for working on a Christmas tree farm. They were comfortable but the outers didn't hold up too well and after about 5 months the gore-tex liner tore. I was able to nurse them through the end of that season and the first month of the next until the sole started to separate around the toe. I wouldn't recommend them for extended use. They did stay surprisingly cool in spite of the leather and liner so that's a plus.

Working on a Christmas tree farm means walking in dirt, mud, gravel, low grass and brush for 60 hrs a week from July to December.

Tired but walking!
04-25-2011, 11:17
I have a pair of these but just for everyday winter use (I don't work outside they are just for walking in snow and slush on ice for short periods of time), they are a good inexpensive waterproof boot very light and comfortable but I prefer something a little harder wearing for hiking in.

Pioneer Spirit
12-05-2011, 02:27
I used my first pair to hike the LBTL north/south trail and the Laurel highlands trail a few hundred miles on the buckeye trail. I've put a few more hundred miles with my second pair also on the BT.Both produced zero blisters as worn straight out of the box. The uppers had no issues with wear.Down side: both gortex linings failed almost at once. Shoe strings failed on second pair within 200 miles. I suspect the lower eyelets shaved the outer sheath away.Even though water leaks in, I still use them do to the lack of blisters out of the box.