PDA

View Full Version : Bottomless Packs

Graywolf
03-20-2011, 08:45
I have read here in several post of where certain items go in the pack. One thing I have seen is "This goes in the bottom of the pack"..Followed by "And this goes in the bottom of the pack",, Followed by, "....Bottom of the pack"...Followed by... Well you get the drift. I am just wondering, how is everything fitting in the bottom of the pack?? I mean, how much can actually fit in the bottom of your pack...??

Just curious.. Had me scratching my head..

Joey C
03-20-2011, 08:48
I guess that unless it's right on top, where you can open and see it, it must be on the bottom! :D:D

The only aspects of packing I focus on it best fit, and heavier items near the top/shoulder area.

That being said, everything goes in the bottom excpet my food bag! :rolleyes:

Graywolf
03-20-2011, 09:18
I guess that unless it's right on top, where you can open and see it, it must be on the bottom! :D:D

The only aspects of packing I focus on it best fit, and heavier items near the top/shoulder area.

That being said, everything goes in the bottom excpet my food bag! :rolleyes:

I put my food in 2 places, my hip belt pocket and the top cover compartment..I need my calories close at hand..

Egads
03-20-2011, 09:22
Most of my packs are top loaders. Several are frameless. They all ride better when I load the down insulation in the bottom first, then shelter (usually hammock or tarp), then food / water