PDA

View Full Version : Dahlonega Trail Fest

will1972
03-21-2011, 00:24
I just got back from the Dahlonega Trail Fest. IMO the Reps were great, and so was the work shops, There was plenty to do as well, but what was the the general feeling for those that attended? What would people like too see next year?

The Todd
03-21-2011, 16:20
I agree, but if this event is going to make it and get better and bigger they are going to need to get rid of the influence of the local outfitter. Talking to locals they had 35 venders ready to go until they talked to outfitter and then pulled out. They also need to gear this more to the backpackers just like Trail Days. It can be a great event for backpackers and hikers if they take in that direction.

Huck3rd
03-22-2011, 13:50
I couldn't agree more with you both. I will never step foot back in Woodlands Edge Outfitters. They make you feel like they do not want your money. They make you feel like a criminal. All in All Backpackers are good people not theives. The sad thing is they do have a lot of nice quality gear but I refuse to buy anything from them.

Maybe next year the festival will be focused on backpackers and backpacking gear and not regulated by "The Warden" at Woodlands Edge.

Not including the problem with that store; I think the event was very fun and I hope it happens for many years to come. I was very impressed by the speakers and coordination by "most" of the volunteers involved.

Also, Thank you to Appalachian Outfitters for allowing us to camp on their property. They were more than welcoming and accomodating (ie: Forrest and Bob). We camped there 3 days and 2 nights. The Appalachian Outfitters can guarantee they just gained a customer for life.