PDA

View Full Version : New Via instant is the real thing.

Megapixel
03-21-2011, 20:39
I've had several types-- bold, medium, etc. of the Starbucks Via line of instant coffee and have been at best moderately satisfied.
Today, I picked up a 10 pack box called: Tribute blend. Spicy, full-bodied with dark cherry notes, as per the description. This instant takes the cake if you are looking for a real, "coffeehouse" experience. I don't know about the whole dark cherry notes, but I believe they have perfected their instant brew line.
I'll be packing some of these on the upcoming thru.

Papa D
03-21-2011, 20:47
vias are da-bomb - I also really like instant espresso from these folks - medaglia-doro - it's not cheap easy but you get what you pay for - this stuff is rich:

www.amazon.com/Medaglia-DOro-Instant-Espresso-Coffee/dp/B001HTP5YO

Pony
03-22-2011, 13:39
Accept no substitutes. Even the "best" instant coffes leave me feeling cheated. But if it works for you, then go for it.

leaftye
03-22-2011, 13:58
You know, I do I drink coffee, but haven't been able to come up with a good reason to carry it on the trail. I just thought of a reason. On the trail I have my bowel movements in the morning when it's way too cold to drop trou. With coffee I should be able to shift it to the afternoon.

Megapixel
03-22-2011, 17:43
You know, I do I drink coffee, but haven't been able to come up with a good reason to carry it on the trail. I just thought of a reason. On the trail I have my bowel movements in the morning when it's way too cold to drop trou. With coffee I should be able to shift it to the afternoon.

my reason precisely.