PDA

View Full Version : Who else felt like this when spring sprung on the trail?

GracefulRoll
03-22-2011, 20:49
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCKfYqjnMoY

Sploosh!

Skidsteer
03-22-2011, 21:01
That little bastard works for Katadyn.

Skidsteer
03-22-2011, 21:02
I'm sorry for that Lord and please bless all the pygmies in New Guinea....

Tinker
03-22-2011, 21:03
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCKfYqjnMoY

Sploosh!
Great link! Thanks.
Btw: How are you feeling these days? :)

delaford321
03-22-2011, 21:38
Oh man, I've been so thankful for spring here in Nashville. I didn't even think about how it looks on the trail. I've got to get over there!

GracefulRoll
03-22-2011, 23:54
Great link! Thanks.
Btw: How are you feeling these days? :)

Doing well! Just went on a popular section of the A.T. w/ two local pals. My feet are still recovering, but that won't be long. Epsom salt, rest...

How about you?

Trailweaver
03-23-2011, 01:23
I was returning from a trip today and had to drive PAST the AT around the NC/GA line - it almost killed me to do it. I didn't have a pack or anything, and still wanted to get out of the car and just hike.

Bronk
03-23-2011, 01:40
I saw something similar in the Grayson Highlands. There were two ponies that were each hiding behind their mother, but were obviously interested and looking at each other, peeking around the side. All of the sudden one of them started running in circles around its mother...it made 2 or three laps and then returned to its position hiding behind mom...then the other one did the same thing...they went back and forth like this several times showing off for each other. It was neat.

Smile
03-23-2011, 14:29
Yipppppeee! I'm jealous of this little guy...sheer joy.

Hope you're doing great gracefulroll :)

Smile
03-23-2011, 14:29

deleted, seems it posted twice :)

JAK
03-23-2011, 14:35
Thanks for the smile.

I liked the comment...
"I like the part where the Elk Calf plays in the puddle."

GracefulRoll
03-23-2011, 14:59
Yipppppeee! I'm jealous of this little guy...sheer joy.

Hope you're doing great gracefulroll :)

I am! Thanks! Wishing splendid days ahead for you, too.

I'm most definitely splashing in the next puddle I find. Hopefully I can do it with an elk.

Smile
03-23-2011, 16:39
Very cool, send me a PM sometime :)

Tinker
03-23-2011, 22:43
Doing well! Just went on a popular section of the A.T. w/ two local pals. My feet are still recovering, but that won't be long. Epsom salt, rest...

How about you?

My blood pressure is up and my doctor put me on pills to lower it. Seems to be working. The good thing is that the pills are tiny, hence ultralight. :D
More exercise should bring the pressure down to comfortable levels. I've been patching and painting walls and ceilings (not mine) since January, and that isn't much exercise. I just started back to my old job at Providence Bicycle and am already a bit depressed at being stuck in the back of a dingy work area with next to no human contact. I may check into a position opening at the local EMS store as department supervisor of the bike shop in their soon-to-open new location. May be more paperwork than I like, but at least I'll have some human contact. Working in an outdoor store with hiking, cross-country skiing and boating would be right up my alley. I'll probably be heading down to Pa. to do more AT during Passover when the bike shop is closed. We'll see as the time draws near.
Take care.