PDA

View Full Version : Resuming my thru

HeartWalker
03-23-2011, 08:17
I hope to resume my thru this week. I broke my ankle last year at Little Laurel shelter and with help hiked up to the Fire Tower where the Forest Service got me out. The ankle is almost a 100% now and I plan on starting where I left off then flip flopping once I get to Maine and redo the southern portion. My wife wants to start with me and hike for two days. Anybody know a good shuttle around Erwin where I can leave a car around Hwy23 and then get me up to the firetower? Thanks HeartWalker
Here is a link to my 2011 Trailjurnals http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=11999

Blissful
03-23-2011, 08:49
Maybe check with 10K who lives in Erwin. Have a great hike.

HeartWalker
03-23-2011, 09:31
Thanks for the good wishes. I will check with 10K.

HeartWalker
03-23-2011, 13:40
Okay looks like I am ll set. Anyone else going to be hiking this area this weekend? See ya'll out there!

takethisbread
03-23-2011, 17:52
I hope to resume my thru this week. I broke my ankle last year at Little Laurel shelter and with help hiked up to the Fire Tower where the Forest Service got me out. The ankle is almost a 100% now and I plan on starting where I left off then flip flopping once I get to Maine and redo the southern portion. My wife wants to start with me and hike for two days. Anybody know a good shuttle around Erwin where I can leave a car around Hwy23 and then get me up to the firetower? Thanks HeartWalker
Here is a link to my 2011 Trailjurnals http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=11999

i was there when u hurt your ankle, you tried to retieve water down at the source with Crocs on.

i suffered a fracture in my foot last year at the start, but it wasn't too bad, and i was able to move along ok.

glad to see you are going to finish! good luck

Rocket Jones
03-23-2011, 18:30
Great news. Enjoy the rest of your hike!

HeartWalker
03-23-2011, 21:36
Hey Takethisbread did you finish? Yeah remeber everyone thought it was just sprained as I hiked out 1 1/2 miles on it.