PDA

View Full Version : Petzl e+LITE Video Review

STICK
03-24-2011, 01:00
A while back I got this lamp to replace my Princeton Tec Fuel for the simple fact that my Fuel did not have a red light on it. In the past I found it to be a little distracting when trying to go to sleep (mainly in a shelter) and people were running around with white lights. Realizing this I knew that I should get a lamp with a red light so that I wouldn't be that same distraction.

So, I did. I had all intentions of getting the Petzl Tikka Plus 2 but at the last minute I went with the e+LITE. And while I like all of it's features I am still up in the air as to whether or not I will keep it in my kit or go ahead and get the Tikka. Anyway, today I did a little video review to show it off and express a few of my thoughts on it and posted it to my blog.

Petzl e+LITE Review (http://sticksblog.com/2011/03/23/petzl-elite-review/)

swjohnsey
03-24-2011, 07:58
Yep, a good little light if you can live with the amount of light it puts out. For me, it is adequate.

Two Tents
03-24-2011, 09:16
I agree with it being adequate. I usually do not need a big honking search light. In the hammock or tent it is plenty. The red will switch on from the bottom without having to cycle through all the other settings. That in itself is the selling point I got it on.

JaxHiker
03-24-2011, 09:28
The red will switch on from the bottom without having to cycle through all the other settings. That in itself is the selling point I got it on.
I agree 100%. I was fine with my previous Energizer light but hated having to cycle all the way through. Great little light though. I had to laugh on my last hike when both of my buddies and I were all sporting the same lamp. :)

Two Tents
03-24-2011, 10:13
I wear it necklace fashion as soon as I get to camp. Set it for red first before it gets dark. JaxHiker, I can see the 3 of you setting up camp sporting the same head wear--funny stuff!

Raul Perez
03-24-2011, 10:14
I've had this headlamp for about 3 years now. Love it to death. Battery lasts a long time but I usually change it out each year.

I dont hike at night so this is the perfect light weight head torch for me.