PDA

View Full Version : Hammock camping exhibit

2Questions
03-24-2011, 13:51
Interested in learning about Hammock camping? The Mid Atlantic Hammock Hangers Association (MAHHA) will be demonstrating and displaying hammocks and hammock related items for the public. The event is April 30th 10a-4p at Pine Grove Furnace State Park, PA Join us and check out hammocking!

Fog Horn
03-24-2011, 13:56
I really wish that I could go to this, but I'm just too far away. I haven't gotten the knack of hanging my hammock up yet. The feet always seem too high, I never trust my knots, and I am generally always nervous getting into it. Once I'm in though, its nice. I could use a workshop :(

2Questions
03-24-2011, 14:01
I really wish that I could go to this, but I'm just too far away. I haven't gotten the knack of hanging my hammock up yet. The feet always seem too high, I never trust my knots, and I am generally always nervous getting into it. Once I'm in though, its nice. I could use a workshop :(

We have quite a few hangers in NC. You really need to get to a "regional hang". Next one is in Hot Springs....I think end of April sometime. That's the kind of place you learn what you like and dislike, what works for you and what doesn't... a wealth of info and diversity in hammockers!

Fog Horn
03-24-2011, 14:22
Hot Springs is doable. I think its only about four hours away. I'll keep my eyes peeled for an event post or something of that nature. Thanks!

Raul Perez
03-24-2011, 14:39
So cool too bad I'll be on the AT that day! Well maybe not too bad I'll be hangin free baby!

2Questions
03-24-2011, 17:11
Hot Springs is doable. I think its only about four hours away. I'll keep my eyes peeled for an event post or something of that nature. Thanks!

One more thing...if you aren't aware of it...there is a hammock website www.hammockforums.net that is the mother ship of all things hammock! It was started as a spinoff from this site as hammock camping became more popular. Good bunch of guys and gals and lots of info at your fingertips.

Fog Horn
03-24-2011, 19:34
I've been there, but I am a hands on learner. I could learn more by sitting down with someone who knows for an hour than I will in a year on that site. Thank you though.

unclemjm
03-25-2011, 00:25
I've been there, but I am a hands on learner. I could learn more by sitting down with someone who knows for an hour than I will in a year on that site. Thank you though.

All the more reason to go check our HammockForums.net ... you find out when and where group hangs are and get the prime opportunity for hands on with a multitude of set-ups.

rjjones
03-25-2011, 21:06
Wow,talk about timing.I just got a Blackbird and would love to be able to look at different setups and layouts.I'm 1hr 45 min from Pine Grove so i think i'll make a day of it.Thanks for posting this,Bully Bob