PDA

View Full Version : Anyone planning to hike CDT nobo this year?

Chocolate Bandito
03-24-2011, 16:23
I'm toying with the idea of hiking nobo this year, leaving from the border around April 20. I know some people soboing (like Double Zero and Chance) and a large contingent planning for 2012, but hadn't heard for sure of anyone going nobo this year. Anybody out there?

BrianLe
03-24-2011, 21:06
I'm going SOBO, but FWIW there are a few folks on a Facebook CDT 2011 page, you might have a look there.
I think some have posted NOBO intentions to cdt-l (http://backcountry.net/mailman/listinfo/cdt-l) as well, you could search the archives.
Trail Journals at the TJ and Postholer sites might give you a name or two as well.

leaftye
03-24-2011, 21:10
Wow, planning to get on the third long trail! Good luck with everything!

Dogwood
03-25-2011, 20:08
Going NOBO from the Mexican border to Leadville, CO this yr starting in late Apr/EARLY May to finish the CDT which I failed to complete last while hiking SOBO from Waterton/Glacier NP.

Jim Adams
03-25-2011, 22:45
Hey, just got a message from "SpeedStick" (Mary, AT and PCT vet) that she is NOBO this year on the CDT, starting soon. Check FB, Trail Journals and her new site marriedtothetrail.
Good luck and have fun.

geek

Poppa Smurf
04-04-2011, 10:50
Plan to start NOBO during the first week of May on the Columbus route. The anticipation now interrupting sleep.