PDA

View Full Version : Maybe this is old news but I just saw Lion King on Don't forget the Lyrics today

TinAbbey
03-24-2011, 18:23
Maybe this is old news but I just saw Lion King on Don't forget the Lyrics today. Old news or what? I haven't logged on for a few months.:-? I didn't catch all of it, just the last song he sang.

TinAbbey
03-24-2011, 18:44
my bad its old news....wah waaaahhhh. my TV gets its signal a few months late.

ShelterLeopard
03-24-2011, 18:45
I haven't heard much about him lately... but, I'm outta the hiking loop.

couscous
03-24-2011, 23:57
http://whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=66209 - for any others that missed it.

RedneckRye
03-25-2011, 00:22
LK has possibly settled into a somewhat, sort of, maybe, almost non-hiker (at least for the moment) life.
He is living in CA on the way way way outskirts of LA.
Is not sleeping in his tent every night, has a place (apt, room, hovel, ???) a few miles from the PCT. He can walk to the trail from his door.
Heard he got a car.
Is working on various writing projects for film, tv, and book.
Last I talked to him, it sounded like $#!+ was starting to come together for him as a writer, but he would still rather be hiking.

sbhikes
03-25-2011, 00:25
but he would still rather be hiking.

Wouldn't we all.

I wonder where he lives. I'd like to meet him. I live 1.5 hours from LA.

Jack Tarlin
03-25-2011, 09:01
A few years back there was a half-hearted attempt to get me on "Jeopardy!"

Of course nothing came of it, and perhaps this was a good thing. I'd have done OK on the History and Literature stuff, but otherwise, forget it. "Science"?
No way, unless the answer was "Chlorophyll. And if the answer didn't deal with the Boston Red Sox, forget about giving me a sports question. And living without a TV for 15 years puts one at a decided dis-advantage when it comes to questions about alleged "popular culture." On the other hand, I had great coaching......Lone Wolf and Jester were very helpful when it came to "Show Tunes." Anyway, this didn't work out. However, if you ever hear about a Special Edition Jeopardy, maybe one called "Great Moments of the 15th Century!!" by all means lemme know. We could make some serious cash here.

Lion King
03-30-2011, 14:46
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWxwk-LLxAI&feature=player_embedded

for those about to rock, we salute you