PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow Springs Campground/Hostel

tribes
01-15-2005, 17:09
I had read somewhere on WB that Rainbow Springs Campground near Dick's Crrek Gap/ Hiawassee has shut down. Is this true??? Thanks in advance

TRI :sun BES

Kerosene
01-15-2005, 19:10
It appears to be. Check out this thread: http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5566

tribes
01-15-2005, 21:21
I got confirmation from Gardenville today that the Campground @ Rainbow Springs is no longer in existence. He called Mtn Crossings @ Neel's Gap and they gave him an answer this afternoon. Apparently it was sold and will be subdivided or something. Such is life with development on the east coast. I will plan on staying in Hiawassee instead.

tri :sun bes

tribes
01-15-2005, 21:37
I meant to say I will hitch into Franklin instead of staying @ Rainbow Springs. Dicks Creek Gap/Hiawasee is the Blueberry Patch. My bad... :-?

TakeABreak
01-15-2005, 21:51
Getting a ride from Winding Stair gap should not be that hard. I lived near there prior to my 2000 hike, I personally did stop there, because of the distance, but for other reason, the people in that area are really nice.

tribes
01-15-2005, 21:59
Hotels in Franklin appear to be cheap enough if four hikers split a room. It would probably cost 10-15 bucks if split four ways at most places listed in companion and wingy. Thanks for the heads up on the hitch. I am from the north and am just used to overpriced hotels everywhere. :(