PDA

View Full Version : what am i forgetting ?!?

Megapixel
03-24-2011, 22:32
so saturday right after work we take our 3 boxes of kitchen supplies, an old trunk full of clothes and other items, and two backpacks (everything else is sold!) and head to visit family. hopefully during this week or two of decompression, i'll remember anything i might have forgotten to take care of. after that, it's hike ON !:sun
what might i be forgetting? did you forget anything that came back to bite you:eek:?

myotheralt
03-25-2011, 02:59
Not quite on topic, but once, I forgot my keys. After a fun 5 or 6 hours in down town DC, I get back to Greenbelt Station and notice my keys arent in my pocket. The last I used them was on my trunk. I get back to the parking lot, and lucky me, my keys are still in the lock to my trunk.

In DC, I left my keys hanging off the back of my car, and the car (and keys) were still there 6 hours later. I couldnt afford a lottery ticket though. :(

Bucherm
03-25-2011, 05:10
what am i forgetting ?!?

Capitalization. :D

flemdawg1
03-25-2011, 14:00
Items I've forgotten:
TP/wipes
Gatorade
Spork
Lip Balm
Hat
gloves

Other small things that are easily misplaced
lighter
headlamp
tent stakes
ground cloth

dragoro
03-25-2011, 14:30
Bag for my tent poles seems to like disappearing on me on the trial

max patch
03-25-2011, 14:59
I forgot the sleeping bags on an overnighter so we just made it a looong dayhike instead.

You probably won't forget anything -- odds are greater that you've got stuff you'll decide later you don't need -- but even if you did you'll reach Mountain Crossings at Neels Gap in 2 or 3 days and they'll be more than happy to lighten your wallet a bit.

Cookerhiker
03-25-2011, 16:15
Got nail clippers?

Megapixel
03-26-2011, 21:50
nailclippers check.

mountain crossings not gonna happen. starting at harpers.