PDA

View Full Version : whats the phone # for the bus into Marion from partnership

greywolf99
03-25-2011, 00:52
whats the phone # for the bus into Marion from partnership shelter
or vise versa i konw its only 50 cent

brian039
03-25-2011, 01:28
I didn't know there was a bus there. I'm pissed if this is true:)

HoneyBear
03-25-2011, 07:01
I have never heard of a bus service from Partnership to Marion. And only 50 cents? This is a well kept secret. Please tell us more.

Slo-go'en
03-25-2011, 10:54
I don't know about a 50 cent bus. Would be nice as it is a fairly hard hitch in and out.

I've started a few hikes at Partnership, due to the greyhound bus stop in Marion. I've always called a taxie to pick me up at the motel and take me up to the trail, so I didn't have to waste a good part of the morning (or day) trying to hitch. $15 well spent in my mind.

ShelterLeopard
03-25-2011, 11:31
You can get the number at the visitor center (and use their phone) if you're polite. I can't remember it off the top of my head, but I'll go see if I wrote it down in my guidebook. The service was great! The driver was very nice, and picked us up right at the Marion Library.

ShelterLeopard
03-25-2011, 11:32
And yes, I think it was 50 cents. Or something extremely low. I think the reason it is so difficult to hitch, is that there's a prison for the criminally insane very nearby.

Gray Blazer
03-25-2011, 11:35
... got this number stuck in my head 867-5309 for some reason. Sorry I can't really help you.

ATAaron
03-26-2011, 07:52
I live in Marion, there is a nut house in town, but we are pretty keen on who is escaping prison and who is escaping life for a while. Look for a silver subie with an AT sticker on it and let me know that you found out about it here and I will drive you to the pass.

mweinstone
03-26-2011, 08:16
i got the number for the phone outside the visitors center from a credit card bill. i call now and then . i ask if they are waiting for pizza. they allways say yes. then i tell them im the delivery guy and im bringing 12 large free pizzas with their order that were ordered and paid for but never picked up. other times i just ask if lwolf and miss janet are there with the magic bus yet and to tell them when they arrive im right behind with the pigroast guys trailer but were stuck in traffic.