PDA

View Full Version : steal this rock by abby hoffman

mweinstone
03-25-2011, 18:02
if folks made sort of a local custome of takeing rocks from the trail in PA and makeing rock gardens in their yards, and if lots of folks did this, for years,....untill the trail was free of rock in PA,...would it be good or bad?

hikerboy57
03-25-2011, 18:06
if you take all the rock away from pennsylvania, wed have one less state.

Tractor
03-25-2011, 18:08
It would be great for those who make the rock gardens in their yards. Interestingly I have seen both gatherers and planters of PA trail rocks. I think there are far fewer gatherers at this time.

Pedaling Fool
03-25-2011, 18:10
I think the Canadians should come back and get them. Or maybe you can sell them like the DNCR. http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/topogeo/collecting/rockbox.aspx

mweinstone
03-25-2011, 18:17
how bout everyone picks up one rock a day in PA and places it beside the trail to make walls? then towers, and eventualy entire hiker retierment communitys! fully wheelchair accesable too.

Tractor
03-25-2011, 18:22
Better be careful with the instructions though, will have folks picking up in VA and getting tired then dropping off in PA.......

mweinstone
03-25-2011, 18:25
maby thats the answer. add more rocks to level. at least then it will be flat. just fill the vallys.

Crash
03-26-2011, 04:12
Pennsylvania's rock procreate! So there's no use in trying.

Graywolf
03-26-2011, 04:21
Pennsylvania's rock procreate! So there's no use in trying.

Maybe use Rockondoms??:banana

takethisbread
03-26-2011, 06:35
concrete is the answer

coopslave
03-26-2011, 13:51
if folks made sort of a local custome of takeing rocks from the trail in PA and makeing rock gardens in their yards, and if lots of folks did this, for years,....untill the trail was free of rock in PA,...would it be good or bad?

that would be bad, real bad, the rocks define the trail here, where else do ya got the chance to turn an ankle with every step?
i love our rocks, you might too, if you do some research, pa has a lot of geological features and some of the most interesting minerals and fossils too ! the carbaugh run rhyolite quarries, where natives used to mine it, is only a short hike off the AT at caledonia state park on the border of franklin/adams county line. this area was also a big iron ore producing area, you see old funaces all over here. caledonia has several, pine grove furnace is only up the road a few miles as well. theres all kinds of rock related goodies here ! leave the rocks here! besides the dang things are heavy and as mentioned before they procreate if necessary !

coop