PDA

View Full Version : Freezerbag cooking

TDale
01-15-2005, 20:31
Freezerbag cooking came up in a thread recently, so I thought I'd share a good recipe site I know of:

http://www.freewebs.com/freezerbagcooking/

Pretty good stuff.

neo
01-16-2005, 00:59
thanks for the cool web site:sun neo

neo
01-16-2005, 01:04
i have a bakepacker,it wieghs 4oz,i have baked blue berry muffins in 1 gallon
freezer bags,baked corn bread,its a lot of fun:sun neo

ffstenger
01-16-2005, 02:50
Thanks for the link, I'm gonna check this out. Blue berry muffins you say? mmm

ToeJam
01-16-2005, 10:44
Thanks! :) This site looks like it has alot of great ideas I hadn't thought of before! Bookmarking it to look over more later...

neo
01-16-2005, 11:10
actually its blueberry muffin mix,its more like a blue berry cake when finished
i add a jiffy or any other muffin mix in a plastic 1 gallon freezer bag,not the ziplock bag,its the twist type bag,i add water and a half cup bisquick mix also
i use a 2 litter pot,a bakepacker,fill bottom with water,make cornbread the
same way,bake 25 minutes,i use my wood burnig zip stove,so fuel useage not a problem.:sun neo

art to linda
01-16-2005, 13:38
Thanks!! great site with lots of goodies :sun

JimM
01-16-2005, 13:52
actually its blueberry muffin mix,its more like a blue berry cake when finished
i add a jiffy or any other muffin mix in a plastic 1 gallon freezer bag,not the ziplock bag,its the twist type bag,i add water and a half cup bisquick mix also
i use a 2 litter pot,a bakepacker,fill bottom with water,make cornbread the
same way,bake 25 minutes,i use my wood burnig zip stove,so fuel useage not a problem.:sun neo I've been using the twist top Baggies for some time in a 2 qt. pot/bakepacker setup. Gingerbread, and brownies are two other easy to prepare desserts that don't last too long aroung here.
Jim

PKH
01-16-2005, 13:54
A useful website with some excellent recipes.

Cheers,

PKH

ToeJam
01-16-2005, 17:32
OK, this is gonna sound boneheaded maybe, but I have never seen freezer bags that are not ziplock, I don't think? What are twist-top bags?

I definitely plan to utilize this method of cooking for a good 75% of our meals this year, but had planned to go with the zip lock type, since I thought the seal would be a good thing??

JimM
01-17-2005, 00:43
I was talking about using Hefty-brand "Baggies Storage and Sandwich Bags". They use a twist-tie instead of a zip-lock to secure the bag. I think they are a little easier to work with, but zip-lock bags work fine too. Either way, the BakePacker instructions tell you not to close the bag tight (www.bakepacker.com/instructions.html (http://www.bakepacker.com/instructions.html)).
Hope this helps.
Jim

neo
01-17-2005, 07:21
OK, this is gonna sound boneheaded maybe, but I have never seen freezer bags that are not ziplock, I don't think? What are twist-top bags?

I definitely plan to utilize this method of cooking for a good 75% of our meals this year, but had planned to go with the zip lock type, since I thought the seal would be a good thing??
twist top freezer bags are open at one end the were around before zip lock bags
they are closed with a tie like the ones on a loaf of bread.:sun neo