PDA

View Full Version : Dove into the deep end of the pool...

The Counselor
03-26-2011, 12:31
My 15 year old GoLite synthetic bag has officially been replaced with a WM Alpinelite. Now that the extreme rationalization is behind me, it's all I can do not to watch the tournament in it all day today in the living room. But then my wife would see it.

10-K
03-26-2011, 12:35
I can send you a box of Golite stuff I'm hiding to wear while you're in it....

RayBan
03-26-2011, 12:41
Bought the same bag: extremely well made in comparison to any non-custom bag I've owned (and I've owned several highly touted ones to compare the Alpinelite to :rolleyes:). Compressability is something of an issue; then again, it's a 20 degree bag that almost seems over-stuffed with high grade down that doesn't seem to migrate all that much, at least in my experience :).

The Counselor
03-26-2011, 12:41
LOL. I will admit, I've got good practice at diversion as I've honed my skills with fishing rods and reels. Now I really am set up with fishing and hiking gear from A to W (okay, not quite to Z) - so after a month or two of having this bag, I should be able to clear my conscience. Gonna be along line behind me for the confessional though.....

The Counselor
03-26-2011, 12:51
Bought the same bag: extremely well made in comparison to any non-custom bag I've owned (and I've owned several highly touted ones to compare the Alpinelite to :rolleyes:). Compressability is something of an issue; then again, it's a 20 degree bag that almost seems over-stuffed with high grade down that doesn't seem to migrate all that much, at least in my experience :).

Lemme tell you, compared to my Go Lite, I can barely see it. The Go Lite (4 lbs) bag took up half my Aether 60. Every time I opened the dang pack, it was like opening one of those old nut can snake gags. I had to loosen the draw string and duck.

I bought a small waterproof stuff sack for it and now I have room for a twelve pack of Shiner.

RayBan
03-26-2011, 13:24
I bought a small waterproof stuff sack for it and now I have room for a twelve pack of Shiner.

A guy's gotta have his priorities straight right ? :banana