PDA

View Full Version : Help needed for Sociobiology Research Project

Kirby
03-27-2011, 20:11
As part of my Sociobiology class, I need to create an independent research project. For my research project, I need at least 30 AT through hikers to complete the survey found at the link below. What I can tell you right now is that the project compares through hikers to none through hikers. Once I have gathered the data I need, I can tell you guys all the finer details.

For the purpose of this survey, a through hiker is someone who has hiked the entire trail in something resembling one trip. I don't care where you started or when you started. It's on the honor system. If you consider yourself as having completed a through hike of the trail, this project is for you. I'm sure there are umteen trillion threads on here discussing the finer details of what makes someone a through hiker.

Once you have completed the survey and are on the results page, I need you to email me the link to that page. My email address is: k dot kirby at ymail dot com

The results are anonymous and your name will not be used in any way for my project. In your email with the link, all I need is your gender and age.

After you have completed the survey, I will respond with an email explaining exactly what the project is about.

Feel free to email me with questions. I'll do my best to check this thread semi-periodically for the next few days.

Survey:
http://www.outofservice.com/bigfive/

Sincerely,
Kirby
GaME 08

Tinker
03-27-2011, 20:17
I don't know if WB can furnish you with 30 thruhikers. ;)
We're mostly wannabe couch potatos who hike once in a while. :)

garlic08
03-27-2011, 20:59
I'll be glad to help out, Kirby. I hope all is going well with you.

Old Hillwalker
03-27-2011, 21:04
Hiya Kirby, Still a student I see. Sorry I can't qualify for your survey, but if you ever do one on trail maint I will be glad to help.

TW

WingedMonkey
03-27-2011, 21:14
Wow what perfect timing, I was just half way through Kirby's 2008 trail journal today.

:cool:

rickb
03-27-2011, 22:34
Sociobiology? How could thru hikers ever be relevant to a sociobiology class? That's the stuff of Edward O Wilson and evolution, right?

mweinstone
03-27-2011, 23:56
hey kirby. if i ever make it ill be glad to help.good to see you here. do be a stranger. your a big wig in this land.

mweinstone
03-27-2011, 23:57
dont. dont be a stranger. sorry.

Old Hillwalker
03-28-2011, 07:30
Ello Matty chek oot www.samohtw.blogspot.com (http://www.samohtw.blogspot.com) I'm heading back May 2nd to fill in the gaps.

royalusa
03-30-2011, 16:10
Done. You should have my results.