PDA

View Full Version : Thru parking

paxtelprop
03-28-2011, 14:53
I am moving to the East coast with my car and looking for place to store it in georgia or carolinas for the duration of my thru hike. I could use self storage, it just seems the price will be a little bit steep. Does anyone have suggestions for a good place? My friend suggested contacting trail angels who might have lotsa of land, but that seemed imposing. Thanks for your suggestions.

johnnyblisters
03-28-2011, 15:05
I'd suggest selling such a large asset.

Storm
03-28-2011, 15:18
If you don't mind leaving it outdoors you can park it at Amicalola Falls until you finish your thru. I don't think they even charge you, just make you fill out a form to put in the windshield with the date of your return and ask you to park it way in the back of the lot.

Marta
03-28-2011, 17:10
I think you have to pay the standard parking fee of $3. Unless it has gone up a dollar or two.

Seriously, you are allowed to leave the car there for up to six months. But do talk to the rangers to make sure you've filled out the paperwork correctly.

paxtelprop
03-29-2011, 14:52
Thanks all. I'm holding onto my car since the costs of selling and buying a similiar model are quite high.

Bati
03-29-2011, 16:36
I'm sure there's a place in Atlanta that offers monthly parking. Just be sure to pay up 6 months in advance. If you get a place that isn't prime office parking I'm sure it would be much cheaper than self-storage.