PDA

View Full Version : Lodging between Roanoke and Waynesboro?

RayBan
03-28-2011, 15:14
Anyone know of a place/cost/whether I can get a shuttle from and back to the trail? Glasgow and several other towns apear to be quite a ways away from the trail.

hpato
03-28-2011, 16:37
Anyone know of a place/cost/whether I can get a shuttle from and back to the trail? Glasgow and several other towns apear to be quite a ways away from the trail.

Buena Vista has started a trail angel network to give rides to and from the trail, as well as offer hiker support in other ways. We are quite a way from the trail, but would be happy to help you out. Are you interested in re-supplying? If so, we have a Food Lion that we can get you to and from. Any idea as to when you might be in our area? Email me or call my wine shop, Uncorked, at 540-261-9463, when you have a better idea when you might need the ride. We're open M-F from 10-6 and Sat. from 11-6. We can usually find you a ride if we can't pick you up ourselves.

RayBan
03-28-2011, 17:21
Many many thanks my friend and will call before I get there, which I expect will probably sometime next Saturday.