PDA

View Full Version : 2012 thru hike

billygut
04-01-2011, 22:12
hello everyone.im new to this forum.i will be thru hiking the at. april 2012.i beleive i have my rough gear list complete.pack weight around 20 pounds.i was considering avoiding food drops.one other question i have had lately is how easy is it to get fuel canisters for the msr pocket rocket along the trail.any advice or help with my planning will be greatly appreciated.

Joey C
04-01-2011, 23:10
Congrats on your decision to thru! With one year to test out gear and get ready, now's a great time to make a decision and get started!

Fuel canisters are not hard to come by along the trail. Many, many hikers use them. Alcohol stoves are prevalent as well, and their fuel is easy to come by too.

ScottP
04-01-2011, 23:58
Avoiding food drops is very possible and easy. I wouldn't do it again because I'm extremely picky about what I eat on the trail.

canisters for the pocket rocket are really easy to find. It's a good stove.

If your complete pack weight is 20 pounds then you're doing great! If you want some specific feedback on your gear then go ahead and post it. There's a great variety of viewpoints on this forum, and you'll get to hear plenty of them!

Enjoy!