PDA

View Full Version : We need ability to edit posts

dragoro
04-02-2011, 10:18
Nonsense that we cant

johnnyjohnson2043
04-02-2011, 10:22
I areeg. Damn, typo. Where's my whiteout?

leaftye
04-02-2011, 10:22
Donate to edit.

Rocket Jones
04-02-2011, 10:23
You can edit, if you become a donating membre. ;)

johnnyjohnson2043
04-02-2011, 10:27
Everything costs these days but I'm in. I love this website! I have a jar of pennies here somewhere. Sorry they're not rolled.

The Cleaner
04-02-2011, 10:32
Try checking your post before pulling the trigger....:)

DapperD
04-02-2011, 10:36
Nonsense that we cantYou will rarely need to edit your posts at all if you do like the mods have been saying all along and "think before you post":D

weary
04-02-2011, 11:11
You will rarely need to edit your posts at all if you do like the mods have been saying all along and "think before you post":D
Most people write by trial and error. All the thinking in the world won't eliminate the need for editing by those who attempt to post as skillfully as they can.

All it takes is $10 a year -- less than a third of a cent per day -- and you can edit all you want. There are costs associated with running a hiking forum. If users of the site don't pay these costs, who do you think should?

Panzer1
04-02-2011, 11:32
you can read posts all you want for free.

but if you enjoy posting here and you submit a lot of posts, you should consider becoming a donating member. then you can edit your posts.

Panzer

johnnyjohnson2043
04-02-2011, 11:37
Just out of curiosity does anyone know how much of the donation goes to ATC. Is it a percentage amount or a dollar amount?

BradMT
04-02-2011, 12:03
This site accepts advertising... so why donate?

Any moderately well-run BB can make quite a pile yearly through advertising without being a pay site. If the ownership yanks the advertising, I'll pony up...

BradMT
04-02-2011, 12:36
OK, I'd like to edit the above... it's a bit harsh.

:D

johnnyjohnson2043
04-02-2011, 12:38
OK, I'd like to edit the above... it's a bit harsh.

:D

You could make a donation.

weary
04-02-2011, 12:45

Any moderately well-run BB can make quite a pile yearly through advertising without being a pay site. If the ownership yanks the advertising, I'll pony up...
I don't have a clue about the finances of WhiteBlaze, other than that it is a business, that has established some rules. The fact that the site both charges for some services and also accepts advertisements is routine. I pay to receive a number of items whose owners except advertisements. It's required by those among us who are curious about what is happening in the world.

I buy a local newspaper, subscribe to the Wall Street Journal, and pick up the Sunday New York Times every week. I also subscribe to several magazines in order to stay informed. All accept ads.

Anyway, the least of my costs as I try to stay current with things I'm interested in is the few bucks I send to WhiteBlaze from time to time.

emerald
04-02-2011, 14:05
Clicking on Preview Post and reading posts every time before posting might help some who prefer not to donate.

Even though I proofread every post before and after posting, sometimes I still fail to notice errors. It also helps when I type more slowly and put on my glasses.

TallShark
04-02-2011, 14:07
^ at least the advertisements on whiteblaze aren't overwhelming.

Jeff
04-02-2011, 14:34

It is pretty clear the owners of Whiteblaze are not making money on this website.

BJStuart
04-02-2011, 16:22
It is pretty clear the owners of Whiteblaze are not making money on this website.

I know someone running a niche bb, probably a similar volume to WB. The ads bring in a bit, but probably less than $1000 a month. Not big money.

sheepdog
04-02-2011, 17:19
just another sad case of "the man" tryin to keep a brotha down

general
04-02-2011, 17:33
don't worry about your grammar mistakes. someone is sure to point them out to you.

Blissful
04-02-2011, 17:44
If you knew the other forums out there and what a pain they are not only to get into but with rules and regs up to the kazoo and with zippo info and / or dead as anything you'd happily donate and be thankful too that WB is here :) :)

nufsaid
04-02-2011, 17:45
I was a donating member. And will be again as long as some moderators (OK maybe only one) starts using a more "moderate" tact and doesn't show bias in what he/she deletes and allows. For example, Weary seems to be able to get political posts by the mods. Of course, if a mod has the same political bent, he/she may be unaware.

nufsaid
04-02-2011, 17:46
If you knew the other forums out there and what a pain they are not only to get into but with rules and regs up to the kazoo and with zippo info and / or dead as anything you'd happily donate and be thankful too that WB is here :) :)

I notice you are not listed as a donating member. :)

Blissful
04-02-2011, 17:52
I notice you are not listed as a donating member. :)

I am or I couldn't post a picture in my avatar.

Honey woo

:)

nufsaid
04-02-2011, 17:58
I am or I couldn't post a picture in my avatar.

Honey woo

:)

JohnnyJohnson and Weary are listed as donating members. And you ain't honey. And Weary has an avatar as well as being listed as a DM. Did you only give $5?:-?

nufsaid
04-02-2011, 18:03
Maybe there is tiered pricing for membership?

Hooch
04-02-2011, 18:04
If your name appears in green, it means donating member. Like Blissful. And, nufsaud, please watch your tone with lady of the house.

nufsaid
04-02-2011, 18:17
If your name appears in green, it means donating member. Like Blissful. And, nufsaud, please watch your tone with lady of the house.

Looks like there are a number of ways to denote a donating member. I notice your name does not appear in green. And I don't like your tone.

nufsaid
04-02-2011, 18:23

But you do have an avatar. Even though your name does not appear in green. ??????

STICK
04-02-2011, 18:25
I just donated a few days ago so I could have my name in green with that cool logo underneath it. You know the one... "Donating Member" plus like Blissful said, I got to add my own pic as my avatar! :banana Plus, I am always making errors in my posts so it is nice that I can now edit them.

And even though it was only $10, I am very happy to give my money to WB. Hey I am sure it will go towards something good!

Mags
04-02-2011, 18:41
JohnnyJohnson and Weary are listed as donating members. And you ain't honey. And Weary has an avatar as well as being listed as a DM. Did you only give $5?:-?

Cripe man...give it a rest. She donates. Has her name in green and can edit.
Are you gong to call her a booger head next? :rolleyes:

Wise Old Owl
04-02-2011, 18:49
Mags the whole thing is posted in becoming a member - why not close the thread.

nufsaid
04-02-2011, 18:56
Cripe man...give it a rest. She donates. Has her name in green and can edit.
Are you gong to call her a booger head next? :rolleyes:

Mags, give it a rest. Do you agree that the ways to denote donating members are not consistent? I have no problem with Blissful. If fact if you would check with her you may find that we have conversed before about beagles. I never called her any names. I did say honey as she used it in her reply to me.

nufsaid
04-02-2011, 18:59
Mags, you may want to read the entire thread before posting.

nufsaid
04-02-2011, 19:08
Mags, do you agree that your statement "Are you gong to call her a booger head next? :rolleyes:" is juvenile at best? And coming from a moderator no less.

ChinMusic
04-02-2011, 19:10
All it takes is $10 a year -- less than a third of a cent per day -- and you can edit all you want.
You should go back and edit that post............

nufsaid
04-02-2011, 19:10
And Mags, you have an avatar but your name ain't in green.

Hooch
04-02-2011, 19:20
I notice your name does not appear in green.Nor yours.

berkshirebirder
04-02-2011, 19:23
Here's an idea. Raise the donation to $20 and let members edit each other's posts. Whiteblaze could make a fortune on this thread alone!

Mags
04-02-2011, 19:23
Mags the whole thing is posted in becoming a member - why not close the thread.

Good idea...

To sum it up: Pay $10 and you can edit, have your name in green, and have an avatar photo.

'Nuff said. :D

attroll
04-02-2011, 19:44
And Mags, you have an avatar but your name ain't in green.
I don't know what your whining is all about. You to can have an avatar if you would just take the time look around the web site to find out how to get one, instead of whining about it. Your name does not have to be in green to have an avatar.