PDA

View Full Version : I'm very sad to say.....

ga>me>ak
01-17-2005, 21:02
I will not be bouncing/falling down the trail, meeting all of you good WB members( and others) thru-hiking this year. My father has just been diagnosed with kidney cancer, which has spread to one lung and is covered with nodules. My time is needed elsewhere this year. I am very sad in both cases. Maybe next year.
Good thing I didn't close on selling the house last week!!

MOWGLI
01-17-2005, 21:17
I will not be bouncing/falling down the trail, meeting all of you good WB members( and others) thru-hiking this year. My father has just been diagnosed with kidney cancer, which has spread to one lung and is covered with nodules. My time is needed elsewhere this year. I am very sad in both cases. Maybe next year.

I'm sorry to hear that. My brother-in-law was just diagnosed with a bad case of prostate cancer. Its a 7 on a scale of 1-9. (not really sure what that means other than a 50% chance to live 10 years - he's 52)

I hope your dad has a full recovery. The trail isn't going anywhere.

Mother Nature
01-17-2005, 21:46
I am so sorry for your family crisis. The courage, support and time you will share with your Dad now will create memories to sustain you when you do find the time to hike the trail. The trail isn't going anywhere and the trail community will be here to support you emotionally and physically now and when you do hit the trail.

Mother Nature

TJ aka Teej
01-17-2005, 21:50
My time is needed elsewhere this year.
It certaimly is. Please know our thoughts are with you and your family.

Hammock Hanger
01-17-2005, 22:33
Sorry to hear of your family news. Be with your Dad, that is what is important at this time.

Know that you are in our thoughts. Sue/HH

Gacy
01-18-2005, 00:12
I have been doing alot of research into homeopathic medicine and one of the interesting things that I have found about cancer is that under no circumstances can it live in an alkali environment. Whats really cool about that is that everyones body has a certain ph level, the level varies in rates, but it is possible under the right diet and excercise routine to keep your bodies ph levels in an alkali state. Which means in theory that if you have cancer it will not survive and if you dont, it is an amazing way to ensure you do not develope it in the future. Now im not saying that this will cure your dad but I am not to fond of doctors or Drug companies and after switching to natural cures, and they are cures not just a remedy for the present, I have never felt better in my life.

just thought I would put my two cents in on this topic.

Pooja Blue
01-18-2005, 05:09
So sorry to hear that, hope your father recovers soon.

attroll
01-18-2005, 13:24
I am sorry to hear about this. But you made the right choice in my book. Family always comes first. My prayers will be with you and your family.

Tim Rich
01-18-2005, 13:52
I am sorry to hear about this. But you made the right choice in my book. Family always comes first. My prayers will be with you and your family.

My thoughts exactly.

Take Care,

Tim

Brushy Sage
01-18-2005, 14:00
I join the others in wishing you clear vision as you go through this experience with your dad.

Jaybird
01-18-2005, 15:15

ga>me>ak:

sorry to hear about your news...the trail will always be there.
you, & your family are in our prayers.

ga>me>ak
01-18-2005, 15:49
WOW!! I am truly touched (eyes watering) by your posts, support, and prayers. I know that not every one here is religous, but there is a higher power(God) at work helping us with this.I was told that Tues was the earliest for us to get all records for a 2 opinion.He was released (temp) Sunday at 6:00pm and I had all records in my hands when we left(incl x rays).Within 36 hours, Sunday and Monday(a holiday no less), we had responses and some answers(by 3pm yesterday) from 3 excellent clinics after sending emails and phone calls(leaving messages).All these clinics were "CLOSED" for the weekend and holiday! We HAD to have info by Fri and make a decision( we canceled yesterdays surgery for the 2 opinion, and FRi is last day to reschedule for next week, time was critical). It is being scheduled for next week again. Collectively, among 5 doctors, 80 different surgeries are being changed to have his surgery next week. NO, we don't have money and Dad is not special, just another average patient.(Well, his church did hold an old fashioned service by the Elder's for him).
No, I'm not telling you our life story, I'm building up to a point.
Think this is all coincidince? Think things just happen? Think thoughts,support, prayer, and prayer groups don't help....think again. As I said, not everyone here is religous and that is fine. For all of you keeping us in your thoughts and prayers, from my heart, THANK YOU. It's working, keep it up. We still have a long way to go.

ga>me>ak
01-18-2005, 16:28
Sorry, I wasn't done.And where is the edit button?
For my family and I, we call our higher power, God.You call your's what you want.Not religous, positive thoughts are always welcome.
And yes, I know this isn't the WB religous board, so DON"T START( I don't have time to be bothered with it). I was merely saying thanks and appreciation to those that had posted concerning this thread.

PS- I liked the comment, "The trail will still be there".I hadn't looked at it like that.
Thanks,
Danny

A-Train
01-18-2005, 16:48
I had to abort my attempted Long Trail hike last year because my father was undergoing valve replacement surgery. Though not as serious as your dad's case, I was glad to be home with him in the long run, realizing that eventually I'll get back out there.

There aren't many things I think take presidence (sp?) over hiking, but family is certainly one of them.

Thoughts are with you and yours.